+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lasting?

Lasting?

I have had an on and off relationship with my girlfriend. And she has decided that she wants to be together now, but she told me she might change her mind next year, when she goes to high school. She pretty much said she's scared she is going to hurt me by breaking up with me because she might change her mind in high school.

How should I feel about this? Should I worry about it? Or should I just see what happens?

Thanks.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You said shes gonna be in high school next yr huh? So I take it your both pretty young. At that age your just starting out....and believe it or not....your gonna have alot more experiences with love and heartbreak in your lifetime. So I wouldn't look at the two of you dating now.....as a longterm thing thats gonna go on forever....but as an experience in the present. Just enjoy each other....and have fun. You have plenty of time before you have to worry about being in serious relationships. This is only the tip of the iceberg.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

I agree. Don't you expect you will get married to her,right?
    See what happens. You don't have to worry or sad at all.
    Just follow your heart now.

You really shouldnt, you should find someone else. If you cant or dont want to, you may give it a shot, just make sure when it ends youll be like "ehh..whatever" and not depress over it. [ Howd you feel when you first broke up? ]

"[ Howd you feel when you first broke up? ]"

I'll give you the full story... So we had been going out for around two weeks, and then one day she seemed pissed at me, and I didn't know why, it just sort of came out of no where. Later that day she told me she wanted to "take a break" from the relationship, and be just friends. For me this sucked and I was upset about it.

So I waited about 5 days and everyone was telling me to break up with her because she was going to break up with me for good. I listened to them and I told her she should know if she wants to be with me or not and that I was going to leave her for good and this was her last chance. And she did say she wanted to get back together.

This wasn't the end of it though. Another week passed and we had been in a relationship for over a month. Now she says to me that she isn't ready for a serious relationship yet. She said she wanted to wait, but that we would get back together. So she let me get her a promise ring as a promise we would get back together when she was ready. I wasn't happy with this, but I was okay.

After another week she came to me, and she said she decided that she didn't see me as more than a friend. I got very depressed about this, and that night I went out to a party and got wasted. And since it only takes me a night of sleep to get over something, I was okay, and I had started to get her out of my mind.

But still, that wasn't the end... A few days later I went to take back the promise ring, so I met her at the park by her house. And to my surprise she hugged me and then she kissed me, and then told me that she did still like me. But she didn't know what she was going to do. I was surprised by this and didn't know what to think.

So it was back to her deciding whether or not she wanted to get back together. Another few days passed and I told that she was going to have to make a decision because she couldn't keep doing this to me. And I told her I wasn't going to talk with her until she had made a real decision. This drove her crazy...

She said she was scared to get back together with me because she was scared she was going to hurt me. And I told her that I would rather her get back together with me and then break up with me for good rather than to keep doing this.

For those of you who actually read this, that is how I ended up here, with her saying she might change her mind next year. And I know most of you probably think I should have left her a while ago, but I couldn't do it, I have too much fun when we're together.

Any thoughts?

(BTW I'm two years older, 16)

Well she is clearly too immature and not ready for anything serious, which is okay cuz she is still young, my advice is..just find someone else.
    And since you know you cannot see yourself,
    so well as by reflection, I, your glass,
    will modestly discover to yourself,
    that of yourself which you yet know not of.

King Zarathu Guest
    Find somebody else. Why should you let her toy with you like that? She's ****in playing you. And, you're obviously extremely attracted to drama.

Don't let her break up with you next year, be the first to do it, today.

LTsk8er pretty much said it. My ex is exactly like that, she's just playing around. Bullshit. Tell her to go find someone else, you deserve someone better thats for sure.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She sounds like she doesn't know what she wants right now. And honestly...thats normal....considering shes like 14 right? And with you being 16......you already experienced the high school thing and want something more committed. But honestly....even in high school......that stuff doesn't necessarily last forever.

How can you have a relationship where one week you are together...and the next week you aren't....and just have to worry about that over and over again. It gets old after awhile doesn't it? I mean your either together or you aren't.

Find someone who is mature enough to handle a relationship. (aka...around your age.)
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

I agree with Elynn...at 14 she really is a baby...at 14 most peopel don't have a grasp on the working of friendships and relationships. This doesn't make her right, but she has a lott of learning to do, as do you...
    And since you know you cannot see yourself,
    so well as by reflection, I, your glass,
    will modestly discover to yourself,
    that of yourself which you yet know not of.