+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lasting longer in bed a bad sign?

Lasting longer in bed a bad sign?

OK, here's one:

I posted about a week ago that my boyfriend said he's 'unsure' about us. He hasn't mentioned it since, but seems to have been making more of an effort or something, I don't know.

Anyway, since he told me he's been unsure, the sex has been better. It was always good, he's basically the best loved I've ever had. But he very often came pretty quickly, and would get frustrated with himself. As much as I tried to make him see it didn't matter, especially since he doesn't exactly roll over and go to sleep. But even the night he told me, it was better. He had a lot more stamina, which I know he was happy about, and me too, especially since it would make him feel better.

So since he's told me this he's been able to last longer. Do you think this might be because he's losing attraction for me, or is leaning more towards disinterest in the relationship? Maybe he's lasting linger because he's not as excited as he used to be - a bad sign... Or do you think he's not got this weight off his shoulders and feels more ... in control, powerful even, in the relationship?

He went away for the weekend to hang out with some Uni friends of his (primarily a female friend, her boyfriend and his ex-roommate). I have a sinking feeling I'm going to be dumped anyway as soon as he gets back, but I was just wondering about the sex thing. It can't be a coincidence that he says he's unsure, and then can suddenly last a lot longer every time. Can it?

thoughts?

Well Im not a man, but why are you still having sex with a man who is unsure about being with you?

And I suspect sex is lastng longer, cuz he aint as excited anymore. My ex husband was the same as your guy.....turned out he was boinking another woman behind my back

Lasting longer could mean a lot of things... He might masturbate a few times before sex, he could be having sex with other women, OR he could be becoming more comfortable with you. I noticed, I lasted a lot longer once I was 100% comfortable with my ex. Also, are you having sex often? That could greatly increase how long he lasts. If you start having sex multiple times a day, he will be able to last longer each time (usually).

We only see each other on weekends, and like one weeknight a week. But we usually have sex multiple times, especially on the weekends - averaging 5 times between Friday night and Sunday night. I'm just about completely sure he hasn't been cheating on me - at least not before this weekend where he's gone away :s He told me a while ago that he used to have the same problem of cuming too early with his girlfriends in the past, and tried some medication but it was really just a nervous mental problem.... I guess I just answered my own question.. sort of.

It could just be a change in technique and nothing more.

Could be a number of things, I wouldnt read much into it personally
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Personally, my "session" tme in bed usually has to do with a lot of different things. I also find that the more turned on I am, the more control I have, thus equating to longer "sessions."

I tend to last longer if sex is more frequent. If my woman talks dirty to me, then I lose it quickly. I guess it is very much psychological.