+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Damn Cousin

Damn Cousin

Hey fellas

Do you know a person that is drawn to people who are considered "losers" or "low lifes"

I cant think of the word for it, but i know there is one.

My cousing has always fallen for the guys that have no job, do drugs, and are going nowhere in life. I dont understand it.

She has been on and off with this guy for the last year or so. I cant stand the guy, and her friends, and I, feel he uses her. She is depressed, and is on anti-depressants. He is currently in rehab for heroin abuse. They were never offically b/f, g/f, until last week, because he has had some other girl, so they jsut had sex.

He proposed to her (while in rehab) and she said yes. He gets out in 2 weeks, and they want to move in together, but her parents dont approve. So, she is going to get married. She has always told me that she feels bad for him becuase he is so messed up. She feels like his mother.

My cousin and I are very close. We are like brother and sister, so i do care very much for her. She just told me all this, and its really bothering me. Any advice?

what do you guys think? I told her that this guy has NO CREDIBILITY. He isnt clean, and he's been in rehab twice. I think he is jsut using her, just as he used drugs, to put a blanket over his messed up past, and eventually he will be back to square one. She is banking her future on words with no evidence. I have told her my concerns, but she throws the " i love him " routine back at me. Should i jsut mind my buisness?

I've asked her to let him prove himself, but he gets out soon, and he has nowhere to go, therefore moving in together, which would entail getting married. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tone Guest
    Ugh is right dude... that would be very hard... I would say if you care about her (which I know you do) you gotta tell her to trust you that if she marries him SHE WILL REGRET IT one day. It's not worth it, tell her there is no reason to get married right away and to just wait. Does she want to spend the rest of her life with someone she will be a mother to, or does she want to find someone she can be a wife to? Make sure she thinks about that.

I mean it is her life and her business, so you can only do so much... but yeah I'm with you - I couldn't just stand by and watch this happen to anyone I care about WITHOUT saying something.