+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what's he thinking??

what's he thinking??

So i'm a freshman girl in high school, and i'm just wondering if you can help me decipher what my friend is thinking. So i've known him since FOREVER basically, but only recently really talked to him, and at first (before I liked him) he seemed interested. Here's what I observed:

-he broke up with his gf right afterwards, and basically told me (well, everyone around me) that he only went out with her because he felt bad for her
    -he looks at me a lot and averts his eyes when i see him and all that jazz
    -he's subtly asked for my phone number but i didn't give it to him
    -whenever i say something along the lines of "i like that shirt" he would wear that shirt very often =)
    -he would laugh at my stupid jokes that nobody else would laugh at, and most people can't hear because i say them quietly
    -he always finds me in a crowd/sits next to me in a car etc.

but!!

-whenever i call him he says he's always busy or something and never wants to talk
    -whenever he realizes that we're both going to the same social event he cancels
    -if i ask him a sudden question, like if i turn to him suddenly and ask him something, he would say something mean like "how do i know?"

its weird =(
    Last edited by gigi1993; 20-06-08 at 12:09 PM.

Don't try to figure out high school boys. Most of them are hormone-ridden, and therefore incapable of the psychological complexity that a teenage girl can possess. If you want to know something, the best way to find out is to ask him directly.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Don't try to figure out high school boys. Most of them are hormone-ridden, and therefore incapable of the psychological complexity that a teenage girl can possess. If you want to know something, the best way to find out is to ask him directly.
    haha, so true... so true.

While in high school, we guys can act quite strange. Looking back, it does make me laugh how I would act at times.

He probably likes you too. As for the second list of things, he is probably too nervous to make a move, and you need to be a bit more direct.

I had crushes on a few different girls in high school. And looking back, I KNEW they were into me. BUT... I didn't act on it, becasue I was too dam nervous, and I kept them close but at the same time distant, because I didn't want to look stupid. I know... that's a pretty dumb thing (I was in high school).

You have NO IDEA how much I wish the girl would have made a move, by asking me directly... "I like you, do you want to go out?" It never happened, because I kept them at a distance.

So, seems like this guy is keeping himself close, but at a distance also... you need to be direct.

DON'T GET ME WRONG... I think the guy should be man enough to make the first move, but it's high school, and he seems really nervous... so please, go easy on him!

If i was in your position, I would play hard to get! Its been working for ever. Dont get caught up or over analyze the small things. Give subtle hits if your interested but if not just get on with your life! If your in high school, i would avoid relationships. I think at that age its hard to understand what a relationship really is and the responsibilities that are associated with it. So I would say have fun with your friends girls, guys whatever..and have fun having guys drool over you.

I got a strong feeling that he fell for you but wanna act cool. He may be a proud guy especially if you are popular among guys.
    This is Harvey. I spam forums with a link to my website. I am a naughty boy.

Thanks