+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complex relationship

Complex relationship

Hello Guys, Hope everyone is doing good
    I have a dilemma,and i really need other people's opinion about this. I apologize for the length.

Ok, I Used to go on a website, and regularly talk to some people on the board for couple of years, and made many friends.
    There was this guy who was extremely smart and sarcastically funny i liked to read, but nothing more for the first years. I guess he liked to read me to so , I don't remember how we ended up on each other's messenger.(that was maybe 3 years ago)
    In the beginning , we would talk to each other on messenger once in a while, and since we both joke a lot, He would tell me He liked me, and I would take it as a joke and automatically replied with irony, and we would go another 6 months without talking to each other.

We have these weird vibes, like we really like each other reasonings, it is more a mental thing than a physical.

These past weeks , we have been talking a lot more than we ever have. He Talks to me like he never did bfore. He ask me all kind of questions about what I like, what I dislike, what I think about marriage, having children, politics, If i can cook.
    He is actually working abroad, and couple of days ago he told me that if he was actually back home, he would have ask my hands to my parents a long time ago. As always, I took it as a joke, and just laugh about it, he told me he wasn't joking, and he wanted to have kids with me. I just laughed again. Then he told me the only thing that is bothering him, is that he doesn't wanna come back home and live here as of right now. I told him I was thinking to move to the UK , and coincidence, he told me he was thinking about moving there to, and that we should go together. Again, I Just joked about it and told him, yeah no problem.

What is driving me crazy is the fact that we might talk on msn during the week ends, and he would implicitly talk to me as I am his girlfriend, and I would play the game koz for some reason i like to flirt with him. The he would disappear on the weekdays and reappear like the last time we talk was minutes ago.
    I really think he likes me otherwise he would not be talking to me for hours at times, but I don't know what game he is playing and what he expects from me, or should I hope for anything , or is he just playing games?????
    He always ask me to put my picture on msn koz he loves to look at it, when I asked him why, he said he doesn't know he just likes to look at me. I saw his picture to and he really attracts me.

Now I just need your opinions, what do you think is happening ? What is this guy looking for/ someone to make him laugh
    (I always do0, or is he looking for a friend? a girlfriend? I need ur help thanks.

Am I correct in assuming that you have never even met in real life?
    Spammer Spanker

Unfortunately, you are correct

Then it's not the real deal. Chemistry is crucial to a relationship, and while you both enjoy each other online, that's no substitute for the spark that happens in person. Until you meet, it's all a fantasy.

Have fun with it, but don't bank on it.
    Spammer Spanker

Well, I will at least try.. thanks

Have you talked to him over the phone? You know overseas phone cards are pretty cheap.

How old are you? What about him?

I am 24, and he is 27. We both done with school, and have good jobs. We both are stable . We havnt talk on the phone. All we do is talk on msn for hours. I feel like he wants to ask me for y phone number, but he is so analytical, and shy. I gues she doesn't want to be hurt. Am not helping either, am very calm, and kinda shy too. We're very similar, which doesn't make it easy, even though we both wanna take steps foward

good for you. You need to meet him in real life before you know. I know how real online relationships can become without ever meeting the person- so take it from me, there's so much more to a relationship than what you get from communicating online or even over the phone or video cameras.

Yup, listen to her- Tiay has been there.
    Spammer Spanker

TIAY yes i guess you are right. I know , It would learn a lot more from meeting him, but as of right now, this is just weird. I never thought I would be that obsessed with someone I have never met , nor talk on the phone. This is sick. I try not to think about him, and just forget about it but i can't
    GIGABOTICH yeah girl, I'll try to follow TIAY's advice, thanks again to both of yall

aw

it's not sick to feel a connection to someone you've communicated a lot with. Heck, I've never met the regulars from this forum but I like them.
    I'm just saying, don't go up and move to another country for someone you don't know you'd even get along with in real life. Since you both have good jobs you should be able to afford to visit each other! If you like him online, I guess chances are you'll like him offline, too. Why not find out?

the relationship is stuck at the online phase, it can't go beyond that till you meet. if you pretend that it has, you're in for a rude awakening. But treat it as what it is, and give it the chance to develop, and you never know what could happen (: .. or, he could be super creepy in real life, who knows.

It must work for at least some people otherwise Match.com and eharmony and all those other online dating places would be out of business, right?
    There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

Well, those people actually meet each other. This would be like me developing a big, fat crush on you, Pizza Guy, just based on your posts.
    Spammer Spanker

HI EVERYBODY,
    Well actually , I don't think you really understand my point. Am not talking about moving out of the country to meet him, my main problem is to know what kinda game he is playing? whether he is interested or just having fun based on the way he has been acting these past weeks.
    He seems very interested to me but very "on his guard",safe and prudent. I don't think he ever talked to someone on the internet before, other than participating on the board, and talking to people as normal friend. The fact is that we like each other, but we kind of holding it back, we don't talk about trying to know each other more, or taking it to the phone, but we talk like we already boyfriend and girlfriend, It is very hard to explain.
    My main issue is am getting attached to him, and I still don't know what he is expecting of me, if he is just playing or he is really serious? IF he wants more to happen but is too shy to express himself? needs me to help him get his feelings out
    I need ur opinion about that, thanks again for yall help
    Last edited by wonderz; 12-12-07 at 07:11 AM.

I don't think he's playing a game. It sounds like he's just enjoying himself, and you should be too. Just don't make it into something it isn't.

That would be YOU playing a game.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast