+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ladies help please.....

Ladies help please.....

ok well im just wondering is it normal for periods to mess up when your having more sex then normal.
    Reently i have had an active sex life, for the first time, but its caused me to start my period (or it could just be irregular bleeding) only 2 weeks after the last. Im usually pretty regular with my periods now and to me this seems very strange. We have been having pretty intense sex and i do feel quite painfull around my hips at the moment.
    any one experienced this beofre or know of anyone who has>
    please help im confussed and worried .

ps i wasnt a vigin when we started having sex, lost that a long time back!

A change in diet and/or exercise, along with additional stress levels can cause irregular periods. Personally, extreme amounts of love making has never caused any changes in my monthly cycle. If it continues, you might want to consult your local physician.
    I am Angie between the eyes! :::head tilt:::™

the only time i've ever experienced that was when i was on the pill. you on the pill? if not you should see your doc.

i had experiences similar to that while in high school, and i consider myself to be very regular. even at that time.

i think u mite wanna go check stuff out with your doctor. Particulary if your on the pill it does recommend any change in your cycle you should see someone asap to get it sorted. To be on the safe side i would definetly get it checked out...dont worry about being embarressed, doctors have heard and seen it all millions of times before! good luck -x-
    ******* 7 Times World Champion Michael Schumacher - the ultimate sporting hero *******

im not on the pill and i checked with my mumma whos a nurse who said it can be sumthing to do with ovulation, some women get more senstive if they have sex during ovulation.
    but thanks :-)

My periods went all over the place when i was last in a relationship. THe doctor told me it was something to do with changing hormones or something.

We have been having pretty intense sex and i do feel quite painfull around my hips at the moment.
    any one experienced this beofre or know of anyone who has>
    please help im confussed and worried .
    It is also quite possible that you have a UTI. Pretty much everything you described makes it sound possible.

Anytime you engage in "heavier" sex than normal can bring about a UTI. The best advice any doctor can give a woman is this - Take a piss after having sex to avoid a UTI!

In case you have no idea what a Urinary Tract Infection is, read below.

What are the causes of UTI?

Normal urine is sterile. It contains fluids, salts, and waste products, but it is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi. An infection occurs when microorganisms, usually bacteria from the digestive tract, cling to the opening of the urethra and begin to multiply. Most infections arise from one type of bacteria, Escherichia coli (E. coli), which normally lives in the colon.

In most cases, bacteria first begin growing in the urethra. An infection limited to the urethra is called urethritis. From there bacteria often move on to the bladder, causing a bladder infection (cystitis). If the infection is not treated promptly, bacteria may then go up the ureters to infect the kidneys (pyelonephritis).

Microorganisms called Chlamydia and Mycoplasma may also cause UTIs in both men and women, but these infections tend to remain limited to the urethra and reproductive system. Unlike E. coli, Chlamydia and Mycoplasma may be sexually transmitted, and infections require treatment of both partners.

The urinary system is structured in a way that helps ward off infection. The ureters and bladder normally prevent urine from backing up toward the kidneys, and the flow of urine from the bladder helps wash bacteria out of the body. In men, the prostate gland produces secretions that slow bacterial growth. In both sexes, immune defenses also prevent infection. But despite these safeguards, infections still occur.

What are the symptoms of UTI?

Not everyone with a UTI has symptoms, but most people get at least some. These may include a frequent urge to urinate and a painful, burning feeling in the area of the bladder or urethra during urination. It is not unusual to feel bad all over--tired, shaky, washed out--and to feel pain even when not urinating. Often women feel an uncomfortable pressure above the pubic bone, and some men experience a fullness in the rectum. It is common for a person with a urinary infection to complain that, despite the urge to urinate, only a small amount of urine is passed. The urine itself may look milky or cloudy, even reddish if blood is present. A fever may mean that the infection has reached the kidneys. Other symptoms of a kidney infection include pain in the back or side below the ribs, nausea, or vomiting.

Who is at risk?

Some people are more prone to getting a UTI than others. Any abnormality of the urinary tract that obstructs the flow of urine (a kidney stone, for example) sets the stage for an infection. An enlarged prostate gland also can slow the flow of urine, thus raising the risk of infection.

A common source of infection is catheters, or tubes, placed in the bladder. A person who cannot void or who is unconscious or critically ill often needs a catheter that stays in place for a long time. Some people, especially the elderly or those with nervous system disorders who lose bladder control, may need a catheter for life. Bacteria on the catheter can infect the bladder, so hospital staff take special care to keep the catheter sterile and remove it as soon as possible.

People with diabetes have a higher risk of a UTI because of changes in the immune system. Any disorder that suppresses the immune system raises the risk of a urinary infection.

UTIs are rarely seen in boys and young men. In women, though, the rate of UTIs gradually increases with age. Scientists are not sure why women have more urinary infections than men. One factor may be that a woman's urethra is short, allowing bacteria quick access to the bladder. Also, a woman's urethral opening is near sources of bacteria from the anus and vagina. For many women, sexual intercourse seems to trigger an infection, although the reasons for this linkage are unclear.

According to several studies, women who use a diaphragm are more likely to develop a UTI than women who use other forms of birth control. Recently, researchers found that women whose partners use a condom with spermicidal foam also tend to have growth of E. coli bacteria in the vagina.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

P.S. If it continues for another day or so I would suggest seeing the doc. It is possible you have a mild infection. They have medicines and anti-biotics that can help take care of it. An untreated UTI is a bad thing.

Pretty much any time a woman goes with abdominal pain for over a few days its a good idea to see the doctor. The only other thing that comes to mind is onset of Yeast Infection, but you didnt mention any forms of odor, itching, or discharges other than blood. If anything strange starts "coming out of there", the Houston, we have a problem....

With all the sex you've been having, at least your problem isn't a missed period. 2 weeks after my period I used to get a constant dull pain on one side of my abdomen. It turns out that some women experience pain when they ovulate. I never bled, but I'm not sure if some people do. I'm on the pill now, so I don't ovulate and I no longer get the pain. I kinda miss it though. I always knew when NOT to have sex.

Anyway, I'd probably see the doctor if it lasts any longer or if it happens again. Good luck and let us know if you're okay.

yeh, i think the bleeding was just ovulation, which is helpfull to know not to when have sex. But we did again last night,my hips are still saw in the muscles though, i think its cause there being streched so much at the moment (being on top alot) and swimming has become more intense after christmas. I also suffer from a mild form of young adults of arthritus, which means my joints easily lock or cruch. They even pop in and out of joint someimte. This happends more when im having sex, so i just have to becarefull. Think is i love having sex where he is fully pleased, not just midly agreeing. So i always put my all into it.
    Just wanna please him.

but that for all your help. its good not having to talk to my friends about this stuff, some things u just dont wanna share.

Would have been nice to know all of that beforehand....