+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A sophisticated man?

A sophisticated man?

Hey all, a female friend of mine recently described me in one word. She used the word sophisticated. What exactly does she mean with that? And do you women think this is an important trait to a man?

Thanks.

Sophisticated: (of a person, ideas, tastes, manners, etc.) altered by education, experience, etc., so as to be worldly-wise;

The importance of sophistication in a man would vary from woman to woman. It's likely that a sophisticated woman would want a sophisticated man - but an unsophisticated woman would not place a priority on it.

A sophisticated man is one who gets out of the bath to pee. Clearly it's important for women, especially if they have to use the same bathwater.

You dirty french c*nt.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphyn View Post
    Hey all, a female friend of mine recently described me in one word. She used the word sophisticated. What exactly does she mean with that? And do you women think this is an important trait to a man?
    It wouldn't be my first choice of a compliment for a man. Anyway, it depends how erudite she is. She might be trying to impress/flatter you with that word choice.

Synonyms for sophisticated (to me) could be things like - pretentious, complicated, and snooty. Look up what a 'sophist' actually is.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

google it dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I've tried googling it, but it didn't make me much wiser. Thanks though. And I doubt she's trying to impress/flatter me, she even told me she doesn't see me like that. Then again, no woman does lol.

@Boisdevie
    Women sure are complicated creatures, aren't they?

I was gonna say a sophisticated man is one that lifts the toilet seat when he pees, but I like Boisdevie's answer better.

Women aren't complicated; they're just above unicellular organisms in complexity.