+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How similar are girls to guys?

How similar are girls to guys?

Well this applies to a lot of things, but I'll list a few questions to try and get you to understand.... I just say here for 5 min trying to think of some, I cant put the words together on here so they might come out all weird when I start to type.

1. Lets say I find a girl attractive or I have seen her in class and I found her to be pretty nice and I go up to her and talk to her and she agrees to talk, what are the girls usually expecting/looking for when they agree to talk? I am obviously looking to get to know the girl more and possibly ask her out on a date or ask for her number. Are many girls looking for the same thing? Or do they just see it as being a friendly conversation?

2. Many guys are looking for a relationship if they are single, are girls many times looking for the same thing?

3. Now fast forward to when you are in a relationship. You guys went out on a few dates and now you are at your room/house watching a movie. I can't think of any guy that wouldnt really want to become sexual at this point. Are many girls thinking that also? I hate it that the guys are almost always the ones that have to make the first move.

4. Now to parties. Ive never been a great party goer, I go to parties looking to have fun and if I hook up witha girl OK but I never really try because I always think that girls would just find it wrong if a guy tries to make a move. Are a lot of the single girls at parties also looking to hook up with a guy that night?

I guess I'm asking all this because I myself am shy and Im always afraid I'm doing the wrong thing.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Everyone wants to be loved and accepted, and everyone fears rejection on some level. The rest of your questions depend on the individual.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

the answers depend on your age. A girl at her 18 is not looking for the same things as a girl in her thirties. and then again that is if we want to generalise, which is pretty dangerous cause everyone thinks differently and can't always belong to the norm.
    I don't know your age but I will reply as if a guy in his 30s asked me those. so here goes..

''1. Lets say I find a girl attractive or I have seen her in class and I found her to be pretty nice and I go up to her and talk to her and she agrees to talk, what are the girls usually expecting/looking for when they agree to talk? I am obviously looking to get to know the girl more and possibly ask her out on a date or ask for her number. Are many girls looking for the same thing? Or do they just see it as being a friendly conversation?''

it's a friendly conversation unless u make me realise u have the qualities I'm looking for in a partner personally (protective, in charge etc it varies for each woman); then it's flirting and I want to know u better and answer positively to your date suggestion.

''2. Many guys are looking for a relationship if they are single''

that's what U THINK...

''3. Now fast forward to when you are in a relationship. You guys went out on a few dates and now you are at your room/house watching a movie. I can't think of any guy that wouldnt really want to become sexual at this point. Are many girls thinking that also?''

I hope it's a scary movie so that she's terrified and looks for 'comfort' in your arms. hehehe

''I hate it that the guys are almost always the ones that have to make the first move.''

u don't have to make the first move and it doesn't mean there are no women who make the first move; again it's a matter of preference. I would like him to make the first move cause it shows he's risky, takes initiative, is ready psycologically for a possible failure, and thinks I'm worthy enough to try.

''4. Now to parties. Ive never been a great party goer, I go to parties looking to have fun and if I hook up witha girl OK but I never really try because I always think that girls would just find it wrong if a guy tries to make a move.''

is that the only reason?

''Are a lot of the single girls at parties also looking to hook up with a guy that night?''

how would u know what girls generally want? one may be there to have fun, the other may be looking to find a bf, the other may want a one night stand, u get the point. U just have to read the signs she's sending to know if u re on the same page.

shy aren't u? u re a virgin? what exactly are u looking for? like qualities of character, type of relationship etc. the answers differ depending on those factors i think

Just so you know I'm 19 (20 in 29 days)

1. What is a good way to make your intentions known without openly saying it?

2. Yes this might have just been what I think, I've just noticed a lot of guys my age that are single want to be in a relationship.

3. Good point with the first move and the guy making it and what it shows.

4. Is what the only reason?

I guess I'm just not good at reading the signs.

I wouldnt necessarily say I'm shy, I'm just always worried that I'll do the wrong thing. I guess I'm afraid of rejection even though I know I shouldnt be. I am not a virgin although I've only had sex with one girl but it was a long term relationship so it wasnt a one time deal. Also I have been sexual with 3-4 girl so it isn't like I'm really inexperienced with relationships and girls I just never know what to do or how they feel.

Right now in my life I guess I'm looking for shorter relationships, maybe ones where I can just have some fun and relieve the stress of college and life in general. Then later looking for a longer relationship. As for the type of person. I'm dead set against