+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need A Wake-Up Call!!

Need A Wake-Up Call!!

I'm 23 and dating a really nice guy, who is super supportive and sweet, as well as very straight forward and easy to talk to.
    My recent great unfortune is that I've fallen in love someone else! He is someone I've had a strong attraction to for a long time. He has recently broken up with his girlfriend and moved back to town. But while the attraction is super strong, I have my doubts that he will be as stable and easy to be with as my current lover.

I'm feeling lots of guilt and unclarity surrounding the situation.

Do I trust my super strong attraction??? Or do I go with someone who is going to make my life feel more stable?

While I'm with the stable guy, how do I deal with this attraction (IT'S PRETTY INTENSE). I keep thinking about it him and feeling guilty about it. To make it somewhat worse, I don't have a lot of friends in the area (recently moved here for a job), so I have way to much to to think about this.

Any Advice????

Are you acting on this attraction by going out and being alone with this guy or is this just some fantasy you have that is causing some emotional disconnect with your current partner?

If its the former than you deal with your attraction by stopping the personal interaction and contact of any kind. If it's the latter then you train your mind to immediately change the subject of him should you find yourself drifting to thoughts of him.

Whatever you do, don't be a t**t and string your boyfriend along while you flirt and try and secure this guy. That would be very shitty of you.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion