+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Feeling guilty

Feeling guilty

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years, he broke up with after one year and four months due to us fighting over him making some rather immature choices regarding his friends/drinking/pot. Regardless, we have worked out all of our issues and decided to give it another try, we got back together about 6 months ago. He just enlisted in the airforce and he in basic training as we speak. I'm off at school and I have no friends here really, they're all back home. I've been feeling super lonely lately and i met this guy in one of my classes that seems to like me very much. We started hanging out as friends and one night he came over, we stayed up unitl 8 am just laughing, watching movies and thats it. We got tired and decided to lay down in my bed, he cuddled me and nothing else happened. The next few days we hung out alot and slept together (just cuddling). This guy in no way compares to my boyfriend I was just bored, lonely and flattered that he found me so beautiful. I started feeling guilty and told the guy that I'm in love with my boyfriend and I could never break up with him, in fact, when he comes back, we are getting married. Now, I've tried to mention this to my boyfriend in a very omitted way, i told him that we were friends, we hung out and then i realized that he was starting to get deep feelings for me and I told him we couldn't hang out anymore, not even as friends (which is true). My boyfriend called me the other day and he asked me about it, and thats what i told him. Should I tell him the whole thing? Everyone around me tells me not to say anything, but I don't want to live with guilt especially with my future husband. I love him so much, more than anything and I'm afraid he will break up with me or this will make our relationship very hard and jealously/paranoia will kick in. This will never happen again, but what should i do now? That was my idiot moment of the year! FML

if you really can't get past the guilt, you should tell him. but be ready for whatever his reaction may be. if he truly trusts you and love you, he would forgive you for what ever happened and understand your part of feelings during your lonely time.
    on the other hand, you should stop doing anything that may makes your bf jealous and other people think wrongly of you two. ask back yourself what if your bf is the one in your position?

I wouldnt tell him. Its not like you had sex with the guy. Telling him would make him upset and paranoid like you say and will probably make him assume youre doing other things behind his back and he would lose his trust with you. I wouldnt consider cuddling with a friend cheating (though I dont suggest it cuz it could lead to other things..) so it shouldnt eat you up either.

I would say take it real slow. Do not jump in immediately and tell him about it. Just take it real slow, and then you tell him. It is better to tell the truth than to live a life of lie. Keeping secrets from your partner is not good. I am speaking based on experience here.