+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i feel betrayed, confused and suspicious...advice please.

i feel betrayed, confused and suspicious...advice please.

hi everyone

im new here and am here for the sole purpose of asking for some relationship advice.

i've been in an intense gay relationship for the past 6 months and on sunday night i found out that my partner was planning on going to dinner with an 'aquaintence' on the thursday. i found it really weird as i have met all his friends and it was the first time he had mentioned christian( the so called aqauintence) who also happens to be gay! i tryed to question him more and noticed he was evasive and figured he was tired as we had had a big day. i trust my partner, but on sunday i had a heavy heart, felt anxious and couldnt sleep. feelings i've never had before in our 6 month relationship. he has his own set of gay friends and has nights on the town with them and i never question him as i trust him and they are awesome people.

to cut a long story short, on the monday night i told my partner that i had felt anxious when he had mentioned this....'aquaintence'. he told me it was a dinner date with christian at his pad and that they had met 3 times in the space of a year and half just to hang, chill and chat. my heart skipped abit, but i left it at that.

upon going to bed that night i joked that i had worked myself into a sweat of worry as i thought it could of been some random he met on a gay chat room. i was later horrified to learn.......it was! a random he'd met before our relationship had begun. needless to say we had a fight and even though we have made up, im still pretty upset at what he did. i feel betrayed and my heart is still sore as i thought we spoke about everything in our relationship. im bitter as well as he purposely left out the gay chat room part and i am now finding it hard to trust him and it hurts. gay chat rooms are renowned for loose random sex! my partner told me that the reason that he didnt tell me is that he knew id be anxious, frightened and that it was purely a friendship he'd like to maintain as christian is a nice guy.

i feel confused, fragile and still in shock from his bombshell. im i just being anxious and an idiot? or have i the right to feel this way.

we have made up but my heavy sad heart feeling is still their. im more pissed off as i feel he has been sneeky and evasive. how do i get over this obastacle is my next question?

thanks and advice please.

Intuition is not something to be dismissed, IMO.
    Spammer Spanker