+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I fix my 5 year relationship from hitting rock bottom... =(

How do I fix my 5 year relationship from hitting rock bottom... =(

My boyfriend and I have been dating since we were 16. We are both now almost 22. I love him a lot. He's my whole world, and I would never do anything to harm him, or to put him in harm. However, lately... we aren't getting a long so much. His brother in law who I HATE is pushing him in a horrible direction in life. I know hate is a rather strong word, but you'll understand why I hate him so much. My boyfriend and his brother in law Bill are very close. So much so... if Bill tells my boyfriend to jump, he will jump without asking how high. He got my boyfriend to buy a car he cannot afford right now, and is now trying to fix him up with a good job. I'm all for him getting a better job and moving up in the world... but Bill is making him a fake porfolio, lying about a fake internship(my bf has no expierence in property managment), and it's pissing me the **** off. I know my boyfriend is to blame too... but I guess because I love him so dearly I let it slide. Since my boyfriend and I started dating, Bill has always tried to get him to sleep with other women. To my knowledge my boyfriend never has. I did find a time he was talking to this girl, seeing her behind my back and what not. Of course Bill being the little devil in his ear telling him to do bad things... he of course went on with it. I know I should of left, and I should of of told Bill to go fudge himself... but I'm not that kind of person. Either way... this job requires my boyfriend to live with Bill. I am not comfy with that. My bf tells me he won't do anything because he's married. Yet Bill told me not too long ago over fb message that he and his wife haven't had sex since they had their beautiful little baby girl.Bill went on craigs list and dating sites and told me he was going to hook up with women for one nighters. He never did. I'm at my breaking point. I want my boyfriend to have good things, but not like this, and not living with a man who is not good for him to be around... Any advice on what I should do?

He is an adult, so blaming Bill is probably the wrong way to go. Although he is probably a bad influence, its your boyfriends choice to be influenced.

He is 22 and has to make his own decisions, all you can do is voice your words. If he disregards you then he probably doesn't love you as much as he says he does.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley