+ Follow This Topic

Thread: would this birthday gift flatter you?

would this birthday gift flatter you?

Okay so I'm pretty close with a girl that turns 20 in a few weeks. I told her that I'd get her a nice gift because she's special to me.
    I know she doesn't care about material stuff and she wants something that comes from the heart.

So I tried to use my creativity and this is the best I could come up with so far..

2 streets away from my house there's a bridge where local artists are making 3D graffiti paintings every week. They are really good and have permission to make those paintings because it's art.
    I'm planning to contact one of them and ask if they can make a painting of her for her birthday, with a personal message underneath it. She passes that place every day so I figured it would be a nice surprise..

Would you like it or is it a bit over the top?

That is an awesome thing to do for someone. Clever idea. Panty-moistening, even.

But...you need to have a really really close (intimate) relationship with her for this. This could come off as creepy if she doesn't like you that way, or if you just have a casual relationship. I don't know if "pretty close" is enough for this. Maybe you should save this idea for when you are "really really close."

It's a nice surprise, main problem I'd have would be that it's so...temporary.

It's like comparing these two - putting up a name at a sports game jumbotron - or carving a name into a tree trunk. The first is probably cooler, more effort and more initial excitement, but the second one seems more thoughtful and lasting and will later be nostalgic.

If I would alter your idea, I'd try to find a special 'spot' in the neighbourhood and have a piece done there, and a piece that actually relates to her, not just a random drawing with her name slapped onto it. If it'd be a covered place it's somewhere that you can go back to and see if it's still there years from now, though of course that's difficult since it might constitute graffiti/be illegal/difficult to find e.t.c, and might be a bit over the top for what you're intending. But in an ideal world, I guess

to be honest with you I like her a lot as a friend but I also like her in a sexual way. She is physically attracted to me too but also to other guys.
    I think she'd appreciate the gift but other people might see it as creepy and realize that I feel more for her than just friendship.

I don't know if it's something that best friends do or if it's only for lovers, but I liked the idea and I don't mind giving her the idea that I find her special and beautiful

Maybe it's less creepy if I let an artist make a drawing for her so she can hang it in her room?

Quote Originally Posted by MynameisJesus View Post
    Maybe it's less creepy if I let an artist make a drawing for her so she can hang it in her room?
    A much better idea than the original.^

Whatever it is you feel for this girl, don't make it so extremely public. I think it will have a much different effect to the one you anticipate.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    A much better idea than the original.^

Whatever it is you feel for this girl, don't make it so extremely public. I think it will have a much different effect to the one you anticipate.
    Yea, I realize that.
    It's strange, I find her an attention seeker but I realize that she does that out of insecurity. She's been with guys because she wants to know if she can get them. Usually I hate these women but I feel a need to help her grow up and get out of that phase. If I'm very honest with myself, I can't figure out if I want to give her a present to get her to fall for me or to reward her for being special to me

Quote Originally Posted by MynameisJesus View Post
    I feel a need to help her grow up and get out of that phase.
    Noooo. Nope. Don't do that. Bad idea.

Then what do you suggest?

I realize that you are probably right Merry, but I fall for her and I can't help it.
    I either stop seeing her and lose a friend or I continue having these feelings.
    I don't know how to proceed with her.
    Even if she doesn't want to be in a relationship I don't mind keeping her as a friend, because she fascinates me and I appreciate her vision about things.
    Her vision about love and intimacy is wild but we're friends outside of that aspect.
    I know I shouldn't try to buy her love with a fancy gift but I do appreciate her because I find her unique