+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Young women.. why am i attracted to them

Young women.. why am i attracted to them

For some reason I tend to always date younger women. Im 29 (last two girlfreidns were 23.) And now this new person is 22. I feel like some sort of deviant. Is this age gap something I should be talking to my therapist about or am i just overanalyzing as usual?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    For some reason I tend to always date younger women. Im 29 (last two girlfreidns were 23.) And now this new person is 22. I feel like some sort of deviant. Is this age gap something I should be talking to my therapist about or am i just overanalyzing as usual?
    Hard to say with so little information.

I think you're probably over-analyzing. Do you ever deviate from the norm, or are you VERY type-y?

I generally go out with women that are plump, don't have a lot of interest in women that are really skinny... but I have gone out with some slender women. I just prefer curves to angles. Wonder if there's something to that? Nah... It's just a preference.

I think its normal, I normally date women 3-5 years younger than me. Current girl excluded.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Well, why do you approach these girls in the first place? Something about the way they look? How they dress? Body type?

A single girl in her mid to late-30s is likely to be more career focused with less time to hang out. Right after I turned 25 my life became more about stability and planning for the long run. Come 26, I was on my way to developing a serious career. I'm over half way to 27 now and I've chosen a path, moved in with my boyfriend, about to start a new job, and we'll be saving for a bigger apartment and getting some pets. Is that something you're ready for now? Are you looking for that?

A lot of my guy friends are my age or a bit older and they're still growing up. According to statistics, it takes longer for males to mature emotionally and based on my personal findings I certainly won't refute that statement. But these girls are legal, so you're not sick or inappropriate in your attraction. Just seems you want someone who can be a bit more carefree with their lives right now.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    my serious relations have always been with males 6-11 years older.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

I think its okay to date 21+ but if your a 25+ man dating a girl under 20 years old there's something possibly wrong with you i just dont understand it! Im 23 years old and when i was 21 i wouldnt dare date a man that's in his 30s or so. Its just weird its almost like are they trying to take advantage of that person? I dont know this just freaks me out.....men please date women no younger then you unless your about 26, and the woman is 23 those are perfectly fine....anything else is ashame! #justmyopinion
    Last edited by ladycb5988; 16-07-11 at 06:10 AM.

I know there isn't much approval of astrology in this forum, but I just can't help it in this case.

According to Chinese Astrology (your animal sign based on the year you were born) a 6 year age gap puts a couple on opposite sides of the circle of conflict. As you can probably guess from the name this is likely to put you in conflict unless there is something else in your charts to balance it out.

To find your most compatible signs, age gaps with a multiple of 4 are ideal, you will have the greatest compatibility with these signs (triangles of compatibility).

I am going to add here that this is just the basics of figuring out compatibility based on astrology. And in the long run I have found a lot more truth in the circle of conflict than the triangles of compatibility.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    I know there isn't much approval of astrology in this forum, but I just can't help it in this case.

According to Chinese Astrology (your animal sign based on the year you were born) a 6 year age gap puts a couple on opposite sides of the circle of conflict. As you can probably guess from the name this is likely to put you in conflict unless there is something else in your charts to balance it out.

To find your most compatible signs, age gaps with a multiple of 4 are ideal, you will have the greatest compatibility with these signs (triangles of compatibility).

I am going to add here that this is just the basics of figuring out compatibility based on astrology. And in the long run I have found a lot more truth in the circle of conflict than the triangles of compatibility.
    I base compatibility on whether they like sushi or not. What do the astrological signs have to say about that?
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    I base compatibility on whether they like sushi or not. What do the astrological signs have to say about that?
    lol! without knowing your birth date I couldn't say
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

When you are both adults, age is irreleavte. When I met my guy I was 26 and he just turned 20 :p. If you have lots in common, and on the same page with future goals, etc.....who cares about age. 20 years apart? mmm ya that would be worrisome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Yes sushi is very important....not liking sushi would be a deal breaker for me.

Considering retracting my statement about astrological signs.... Instead I would like to add something. An interest and belief in astrology doesn't automatically mean throwing logic out the window.

According to Chinese astrology, my husband and I would never work. According to western astrology we are well suited to each other. If I was to throw logic out the window I would have run with what the Chinese astrology said and dumped him early on. Instead I acknowledged what I liked in him and went with it. Did I do further reading to confirm our overall compatibility? Of course I did, and I am glad of it. All the positives and negatives of us being together have been correct and I feel like by knowing about our potential early on it has helped me make more stable decisions. I would also like to point out that this wasn't just sitting down and reading the newspaper and knowing the stars aligned. This was days of calculations and reading and researching to come up with a chart for the 2 of us. I have done this with my family and friends too and am yet to find anything that doesn't ring true. It is an aide to understanding people better. I also find personality profiling interesting to. In the long personality profiling is the modern more scientific form of astrology.

Sorry for going so far off topic, DH.
    Last edited by MaidenMinx; 16-07-11 at 10:16 AM. Reason: to add apology.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Hard to say with so little information.

I think you're probably over-analyzing. Do you ever deviate from the norm, or are you VERY type-y?

I generally go out with women that are plump, don't have a lot of interest in women that are really skinny... but I have gone out with some slender women. I just prefer curves to angles. Wonder if there's something to that? Nah... It's just a preference.
    Yes i tend to like certain types of women... I dont really deviate much from that.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Considering retracting my statement about astrological signs.... Instead I would like to add something. An interest and belief in astrology doesn't automatically mean throwing logic out the window.

According to Chinese astrology, my husband and I would never work. According to western astrology we are well suited to each other. If I was to throw logic out the window I would have run with what the Chinese astrology said and dumped him early on. Instead I acknowledged what I liked in him and went with it. Did I do further reading to confirm our overall compatibility? Of course I did, and I am glad of it. All the positives and negatives of us being together have been correct and I feel like by knowing about our potential early on it has helped me make more stable decisions. I would also like to point out that this wasn't just sitting down and reading the newspaper and knowing the stars aligned. This was days of calculations and reading and researching to come up with a chart for the 2 of us. I have done this with my family and friends too and am yet to find anything that doesn't ring true. It is an aide to understanding people better. I also find personality profiling interesting to. In the long personality profiling is the modern more scientific form of astrology.

Sorry for going so far off topic, DH.
    Its cool.. you kind of peaked my curiosity... which numbers are bad? so this girl now is 7 years apart from me is that bad?

Well to be honest llana... I want someone who is serious about the relationship and has similar goals as myself. Am I a little immature at times? sure... but i associate myself more with a 30 year old than with a 20 year old... if that makes sense. But to directly answer your question.. I am looking to settle down yes.

thanks for the input.. I guess I am attracted to what I am attracted too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast