+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How much is too much?

How much is too much?

I started dating this guy again after about a year of the break up. He called me up a month before he was living for China and told me he wanted to be with me again. I don't have any money to go and visit him this year, but he'll be back next year. We talk for hours on MSN/Skype everyday. I would say a grand total of 5-10 hours a day. My friends say this is an unhealthy relationship. He rarely goes out in China because he is always online speaking to me and vice versa. Should we limit the amount of time we talk every day? My friends say we'll soon run out of things to talk about.

That does seem like a lot of time of talking a day. Personally I've never been one to be able to talk for that long of a duration, especially on a daily basis. I think he should go out more, at the very least you guys will have more to talk about.

Don't you have a life to live? How the hell do you both have enough time to sit and chat all day? The time difference is huge.

You are probably wasting your time.

Eh, I wouldn't consider that to be long. Heck, I remember a couple of times when my partner and I would talk from 8/9pm to around 4am the next day during semester breaks. And even when we both either had school or work, we still found time to talk online for 4 or 5 hours if we couldn't see each other in person after school/work.
    Last edited by Alvy; 18-06-10 at 06:52 PM.

^^^ But thats just it you two saw each other, they won't even see each other for at least a year. It sounds like this guy is reclusive and expressed interest again before leaving so that he wouldn't be lonely while in China. Perhaps if the original poster had been in a strong healthy relationship before he moved it might work and might be worth it, but that is a might big "might". Most relationships wouldn't survive a year with no contact.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Odd that he contacted and a month before leaving for China. My guess is, he knew he was gonna be very lonely over there.

And it seems he is.

5-10 hours a day? I don't do any 1 thing ( besides breath) for 5-10 hours a day. Yes, that is too much IMO. You need to get out more often and he needs to go learn chinese or something. That can't be good. I think you two will develop a dependency of each other if you haven't already, and with that type of distance between you guys, no good will come from this.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Umm yeah that's way too much. Do either of yu have a life? Work, friends, school.

Hey, yeah I know you guys are right. it's just hard when you fall in love with someone right before he leaves for another country. I was startring to feel as if we were depending on each other a bit too much.

The question you should be asking is, is he really in love with you or just bored shitless and in need of company