+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would you ever regret?

Would you ever regret?

I wonder so many times if the dumper regrets what he/she did.
    I posted here before but I need to vent about something that I'm realizing now.
    I was in a relationship for 10 months (we lived in diff countries), everything was fine in the very beginning, but he showed that he was kinda jealous about my social networking profile (they just followed me, I never spoke to them). He said he was never jealous before our relationship, he said only happened with me because it was the first time he fell in love.
    He always said that he loved me the most, and made me feel bad several times because he said I was indifferent or I didn't love as much as he did.
    He made me feel bad because he said that I didn't tell my parents about our relationship because I wasn't serious about it (I was always serious)...In fact I didn't want to tell my parents in the 3rd month of our relationship because it seemed to early.
    He made me feel guilty several times...he would bring how much dedicated he was, how much money he spent because of me (to be with me) and etc.
    He asked to meet my parents in the 7th month we were together. Found it too fast but I accepted it.
    Fast forwarding a few months, he started to pick fights with me over the most stupid things. We couldn't disagree about something, that it would be a reason to fight. One of the last fights we had, he started yelling, called me stupid and he hanged up on my face.
    He started to make comments about other girls saying "she is hot" or "that black girl is hot but I wouldn't f_ck her"...things that I found inappropriate, but he would reply "what? omg you are so serious"...I don't know if those comments are normal but I didn't like it, and made me feel insecure sometimes.

He broke up 3 weeks ago because he had fear of commitment (that was what he said).
    Well, I feel I was so blind. I did everything I could to make him happy, he made so much pressure to me to move to his country and I started to search job there but I'm thinking about some stuff he did. How can someone be so mean? People like him never regret or feel guilty?
    I did everything I could to make him feel well when he was here to visit me. I was caring, dedicated, I didn't give up on him...but I guess, that was my biggest mistake. I didn't give up.

He doesn't sound mature. Long distance relationships are hard and require mature people to make it work. I say you would have to move on.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

This isn't about not 'giving up' on him. He's not a pet project! This is about you not having the good sense to walk away when you recognised that he wasn't a good guy.

Walking away from someone who is bad news is not 'giving up'.

- - - Updated - - -

Also curious as to why you were caring and dedicated to a man who made you feel bad while you were with him. If your response is going to reference "love" then tell us what made him such a lovable person.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.