+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I remembered something today

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

I remembered something today

Being home, drinking homebrewed espresso, and anticipating football games on a sunny Sunday afternoon, but not playing intense MOHAA, BFV, or CS:S, made me remember something. I also got in touch with one of my old MOHAA buddies again today and it just reminded me something

The meaning of life is ownage. That's all we ever strived for in MOHAA, complete and utter domination. How does that manifest itself now? Through money. I started to feel the relaxing, carefree Italian attitude while home again, but this morning woke up to remember the other Italian and MOHAA attitude- the one devoted to domination and money, not to necessarily spend it, but measure it as it grows like a game, because the more money you have the more ownage that translates to

So now, being home again, I feel that surge in risk-taking and aggression that I don't have in college, to live up to the meaning of life

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wait, wait. You're saying the meaning of life is MONEY and owning stuff?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, not owning "stuff." The meaning of life is OWNAGE, from the MOHAA or CS:S sense of the word. Before ownage meant getting 5 kills in a row without dying in some random worthless round, when it meant getting 8 kills in a row without dying every round against a superb opponent

Ownage now, for me and the guys I played with, is money. Not spending it, because that lowers the amount of money you have. And I wish the best of luck to those guys too in pursuing their endeavors, not that they need luck

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm just in the mood to rip off heads

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh, I see....'ownage'.

Well, I guess that can be a GOAL in life...I wouldn't necessarily call it the meaning of.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

What's that? --> "MOHAA or CS:S"

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    First person shooters. Games that have been preventing young men from getting laid since 1992.

For me pwnage would be successfully separating myself from the system. No massive lifelong debts, no 9-5 drudgery, no morning commute.... Money's one way of doing it. It'd have to be a huge sum. A home business that generates income 24/7 with minimal input on my end. A hermitage. Maybe an income generating website that I can run from a country with an extremely low cost of living.
    Last edited by Gribble; 13-10-08 at 01:56 AM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

You are your parents sissy, DM. Do you even work?
    Don't expect anything.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    You are your parents sissy, DM. Do you even work?
    I'm my parents sissy? What is that supposed to mean?

For the record, I can do well in college at a good school without having it handed to me

I had my first job as a freshman in high school, I worked on a farm over summer for $5.15 an hour more than 40 hours per week alongside migrant workers from Mexico. My next job was working at the drive-thru window at McDonalds, which was an improvement from the farm job. The next job I got, which I held up until last year, was selling home improvements, and with bonuses I made sometimes up to $20 per hour. I had to earn my way up to that job, as with the other jobs

So please, clarify what you mean by a sissy. That I don't work? I was able to work 20 hours a week in high school and do volunteer work and jump through all the stupid hurdles colleges want you to do these days and still managed to graduate in the top of my class and rape my AP exams

So yes, I worked all throughout high school and over winter breaks while in college

So suck it you jealous piece of shit?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    What's that? --> "MOHAA or CS:S"
    MOHAA = Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (for PC!)

CS:S = Counter-Strike: Source

I don't get what boobaas problem is. Like his political views, he looks at things not as they are, but how he imagines they are

Ok, I am satisfied.
    Don't expect anything.

So what's the point of having money if you won't spend it?

I'm quite amused by those who work themselves to death just to make a lot of money so that they don't even have time to spend and live a miserable life in luxury.

And then they die, and their difference in the world is a 10% loss in company stock value.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    So what's the point of having money if you won't spend it?
    It's like a game to play, that's it. It seems very similar to playing MOHAA and raping your opponent every round over and over

I'm quite amused by those who work themselves to death just to make a lot of money so that they don't even have time to spend and live a miserable life in luxury.
    If you don't have time to spend the money you aren't living a life of luxury. Besides, luxury to me is probably different than a lot of other peoples. Money for a kick ass car, espresso, an occasional vacation when I feel like it, a top-notch computer rig, and pizza, wingss, and coke for dinner is my idea of luxury

And then they die, and their difference in the world is a 10% loss in company stock value.
    10% loss in company stock value? What the hell are you talking about?

I don't fool myself and pretend to have lofty goals for humanity, but surgeons and anesthesiologists make a pretty good difference in the world, saving people every day at work. Is that a small difference to you? What are you going to do for humanity that puts you in such a position to judge?

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    It's like a game to play, that's it. It seems very similar to playing MOHAA and raping your opponent every round over and over

If you don't have time to spend the money you aren't living a life of luxury. Besides, luxury to me is probably different than a lot of other peoples. Money for a kick ass car, espresso, an occasional vacation when I feel like it, a top-notch computer rig, and pizza, wingss, and coke for dinner is my idea of luxury.
    As an example, take the landlord that owns the share house that I'm renting a room in. He works from 10 AM to 10 PM every day, and while he has a pretty nice house, expensive appliances, a car and a motorbike, he has to make more money and so he spends all of his free time exhausted in front of his plasma TV, is pretty grumpy and probably as a result his family left him a few years back.

If you want to make money to stack it up for "ownage" you have to work hard and be lucky, and most likely it wont be at a job that you actually would enjoy since that's not where the money lies. And then you can go home and live a family life with the blonde bimbo who married you for your money and hopes that you'll get a heart attack so that she gets the inheritance.

Making money for the sake of keeping up a lifestyle rather than just for the sake of "ownage" on the other hand is far more enjoyable.

10% loss in company stock value? What the hell are you talking about?
    It's a quote from Alien Versus Predator The rich businessman who launches a scientific expedition to take part of because he's got loads of money but nothing worth doing.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What I find enjoyable and others find enjoyable will be different, so fair enough

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast