+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dropping Bombs On the Moon.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Dropping Bombs On the Moon.

So earlier this week, Eco claimed the US was bombing the moon.

Apparently by "bombing", she meant crashing two rockets without explosives, into the moon.

Wow Eco, way to blow things out of proportion.

Again.

Wasn't the moon damaged in the book "The Time Machine" which led to humans falling into ruin and eventually evolving into the Eloi and the Morlocks?

Sorry, couldn't help it... it just felt eerily familiar.

At what point should bombing the moon warrant any kind of concern?

ITS THE MOON, ITS THE THE SOLAR SYSTEM'S BOMBING RANGE.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I already said in that other thread what it was. People who blow this stuff out of proportion could have the actual astronomer running the Keck telescope come to explain & they wouldn't listen.

Anyway, I got up at 4am to watch it, as it was clear. What a waste. Boring.

That said, I'm tired.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    So earlier this week, Eco claimed the US was bombing the moon.

Apparently by "bombing", she meant crashing two rockets without explosives, into the moon.

Wow Eco, way to blow things out of proportion.

Again.
    It's also great fun to see Eurotrash shrieks about Amerikkkan Cowboys and their evil experiments turn straight to demands that NASA share scientific data so that the Euros can use it for their own purposes.
    When in trouble,
    Or in doubt,
    Run in circles,
    Scream and shout.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I actually think Americans are really great about data sharing. Look at how everyone uses PubMed & Genebank.

Isn't there a database for astronomical data? There should be, most of the data is collected b/c of public funding. If amateur astronomers want to process the data post-collection, I see no reason why they shouldn't. A lot of new objects are seen by amateurs.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

NASA moon bombing violates space law & may cause conflict with lunar ET/UFO civilizat

["Moon bombing"] may also trigger conflict with known extraterrestrial civilizations on the moon as reported on the moon in witnessed statements by U.S. astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong, and in witnessed statements to NSA (National Security Agency) photos and documents regarding an extraterrestrial base on the dark side of the moon.

If the true intent of the LCROSS mission moon bombing is a hostile act by NASA against known extraterrestrial civilizations and settlements on the moon, then NASA and by extension the U.S. government are guilty of aggressive war which is the most serious of war crimes under the U.N. Charter and the Geneva Conventions, to which the U.S. is subject.

[url]http://www.examiner.com/x-2912-Seattle-Exopolitics-Examiner~y2009m6d19-NASA-moon-bombing-violates-space-law--may-cause-conflict-with-lunar-extraterrestrial-civilizations[/url]

I blow it out of proportion even more.

They said they can find out whether there is any water an hour later after the explosion..

what is the conclusion? any water on moon.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    They are still analysing the data. But they reported ice on the moon in September, LA.

As for those retards calling the LCROSS mission a 'moon bombing', I can't wait to be able to lob rocks at them from the moon.

All we need is a Quack Conference on some remote island, one decent sized moon rock and a catapult.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    People who want to halt progress should be made to live their lives without the luxuries of progress. See what tunes they'll sing after a year of no electricity, vehicles, preserved food, medication, bathtubs, washing machines, running water, so on and so forth.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    People who want to halt progress should be made to live their lives without the luxuries of progress.
    Every once in a while, you run across a post of pure genius.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

I think it's great that we're taking an interest in exploring space again. It's what humans have always done -- go forth and explore. There are no more 'new frontiers' suitable for human habitation here on earth, and we have grown restless.

Exploration of the vast unknown is what has always inspired humanity, and it's not enough to just point a telescope at it. We have to go out in it, learn to survive it, and eventually claim parts of it as our own.

I think the moon would be a great starting place. Besides, wouldn't the moon make a better launch platform than the Earth? I wonder if it has raw materials to make space shuttles and satellites? Begin a new industry that involves building equipment and ships to start harvesting materials from space -- like metals from asteroids.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Dalia, you need to read 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'. Heinlein, your public library will carry it.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Dalia, you need to read 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'. Heinlein, your public library will carry it.

A horror movie buff and a Heinlein fan. You are a superior person, indeed. (Welcome to the club.)
    When in trouble,
    Or in doubt,
    Run in circles,
    Scream and shout.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Will check it out.

Yes, I delved into science fiction a lot when I was younger. Was quite a fan of Asimov.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast