+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In the friendzone?

In the friendzone?

I have a guy friend at work that has been so amazing with me following my separation. But I recently found myself attracted to him and I don't know what to do. I haven't "dated" or really "flirted" with anyone other than my husband since I was in my mid 20s and even then I was quite shy and not the best at it. Now that I'm "single" I don't know how to tread in those waters. This guy at work has been a rock for me in the last few months, always checking to see how I am doing, helping me see the light at the end of the tunnel, all the advice people give when dealing with separation, and I know he went through a divorce 3 years ago so he knows what I'm going through. But I've had a few of the women I work with say I should ask him out, that there's something there between us, I just laughed at them and said "We're really good friends" but then I noticed some of the stuff they said to me about him...he always makes his way over to stand beside me whenever I come into the room, he's gone out of his way to come see me at work, finding little reasons to text me, looking at me when I'm not paying attention and then looking away when I notice, and more flirtatious remarks. I just want to know if this could mean that he might have feelings for me or am I reading something into this because now I find myself attracted to him? He is really important to me, someone I rely on and that's very supportive for me and I value or friendship. So I don't want to jeopardize the friendship and ask him for more if there isn't anything there, but I also don't want to miss out on something that could be wonderful because I'm scared.
    Ugh, I don't even know if this makes sense, I just know that I don't know what to do and I need advice, Please help.

It's impossible for us to know if he has interest in you. The best thing to do is go ask him out and see if he is receptive.