+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Told my best friend how i felt

krr is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Told my best friend how i felt

I recently told my best friend that i love him,and have had attraction to him for 2 years.
    I was afraid that it would hurt our friendship but it didnt.

He told me that us dating right now wouldnt be a great idea because hes just figuring out what he wants to do and getting established in his adult life.He also said that because of the distance things would be harder which i agreed on.He said if we dated now it would totally backfire on us and he didnt want to risk losing me because we rushed into things.
    He never said he was totally opposed to the idea,but he never really came out and said that he doesnt like me that way.im confused.Most people would turn the idea down all together right?

It depends on the situation. He has very good reasons not to get into the relationship but no reason to throw away the chance in case it becomes feasible later on or risk losing you as a friend. He also respects you enough to let you decide whether you can stay as his friends with your feelings.
    That's what I would have done and that's what others do in my meagre experience. In your shoes though, I would have to go without contact until my feelings are gone.