+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would the guy respond straight away if he wasn't interested?

Would the guy respond straight away if he wasn't interested?

My partner and I have been going out with a friend. We have known him last 2 yrs. More recently we have been going out more often. I get the feeling he likes me but obviously, because of my partner he can't do anything. I like him too. I texted the guy said I was confused, that I didn't understand it, why I kept thinking about him but I wanted him to tell me he didn't feel the same so I could stop it. That was a week ago and I haven't heard anything. So what does that mean? Is he scared 'coz he might like me too? Or has he just forgotten, pretend it didn't happen?

O.M.G.. Maybe I'll ask and wait for you to explain what you mean by "partner" (romantic partner or business partner?) before I go mid-evil on this thread.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

that's completely inappropriate. you have a boyfriend already and this friend is his friend too. no surprise the guy hasn't responded to your text - he doesn't like you in that way and is being respectful to your boyfriend.

My partner meaning boyfriend of 15 years. I have met a lot of guys in that time but this is the first time I felt compelled to text the guy! spoke to my partner about time for a break. he knows i am not happy . I ve had time to reflect on why I did it and what am I trying to achieve. But what bothers me is why the guy doesn't just say sorry I don't fancy you. then this whole awkward thing can be forgotten!

Maybe he DOES fancy you ... but has enough decency not to participate in your plan to cheat on your boyfriend.

Look, if you want out of your current relationship, then get out of it ... don't solicit the help of another guy to smooth it out for you.

You say that "obviously, because of my partner he can't do anything." So you recognize that it would be wrong for him to make a move on you. What I don't understand is why it's not equally wrong for YOU to make a move on HIM (as you have)???

Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil'Flower View Post
    My partner meaning boyfriend of 15 years. I have met a lot of guys in that time but this is the first time I felt compelled to text the guy! spoke to my partner about time for a break. he knows i am not happy . I ve had time to reflect on why I did it and what am I trying to achieve. But what bothers me is why the guy doesn't just say sorry I don't fancy you. then this whole awkward thing can be forgotten!
    If you're not happy with your "partner" then why in god's name do you not leave him and then you'd be free to pursue whom ever floats your boat. This guy is likely dis-illusioned by your blatant disregard for your partner's (and his friend's) feelings. Most DECENT humans don't want to interfere in anothers relationship... they simply don't want the drama.

My suggestion Break up with your boyfriend and quit trying to latch onto another before you've let go of the first... Why? Because It's weak of you and causes unnecessary drama on anyone new you try to engage. It goes without saying what it will do to your partner if you cheat on him.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Wow! from your first post I estimated that you were a teenager...

So a new guy has turned your head? Wow, yippee skip, good for you.

I agree with everyone else that has said that he is (I prefer was because I believe you have blown it with the new guy) interested but isn't a cheater therefore doesn't want to be the cause of a rift between you and your partner. Doesn't someone who has spent 15 years with you deserve better than this?

To clarify my brackets above, I think, from what you have written that this guy was interested and was happy to admire you from afar. Your text has shown him a side of you he wasn't prepared for and he doesn't like. Well done!
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.