+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mixed signals...playing hard to get?

Mixed signals...playing hard to get?

There's a girl I've been interested in the past month or so.

She has done some small things which have made me suspicious that she might be interested. For example, she remembers little things I tell her, such as what I'm doing over the weekend, or what cigarettes I smoke. She's also told me to consider going to the same University that she's attending. Sometimes in lessons she gives me little smiles. Yesterday I was leaving the canteen and walked past the table she was sat at, and she stopped me to ask where I was going. When we're both on our own, she's very talkative, and a lot of the time she stands very close to me.

But then, sometimes when she's around her friends, including males that she has been friends with longer than me, she's less so talkative. Not that she completely blanks me, as on some occassions she still does make an effort, but a lot of the time I find it's me initiating the conversation, especially the last week or so it's kind of felt a bit more awkward. Today I made a few jokes that she'd normally laugh at and they didn't get much of a response. As I say, normally she is a bit harder to talk to around her friends, but this past week she's felt quite distant.

End of last week when it was just the two of us I gave her a goodbye hug. Maybe I creeped her out a bit...?

So I was just wondering if she's playing hard to get or not. Thanks.

Oh yeah, I'd just like to add - a few of us are planning on going for a few drinks next week, I asked her if she was up for it and almost instantly she asked for my number

Go for her.

I would love to, but I don't want to jump in until I have an idea.

I'd also like to add that she sometimes looks over and smiles at me even when she's with her friends, but then sometimes these smiles come from me catching her eye.

P-p-p-p-pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by silencekit View Post
    So I was just wondering if she's playing hard to get or not. Thanks.
    We can all make guesses as to whether she likes you or not, but how can we honestly know this? Here's a simple and easy way you can find out: Ask her out on a date, just the two of you.

I know this is always a tough one, but it kind of feels like a classic case of playing hard to get.

But I'm not too sure.

"Playing hard to get" suggests that you've made attempts at dating her, and she's turned you down. But you haven't even tried anything. You really shouldn't need a clear sign that a girl is into you to ask her out. Just ask her to have dinner/drinks with you or something.