+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I've met the female version of myself...

I've met the female version of myself...

ok so university has begun and i was looking forward to meeting women so i met this one girl that i have a LOT of things in common with...so much that it is actually scary. She thinks the way i do, she likes the same music as i do, she has the same habits as i do...the list goes on. The only things i know we dont have in common are that she is a bit more social than i am, shes a vegetarian and im not and shes a bit less serious than me. I've been thinking of asking her out but a couple of people have told me dating someone so similar to you usually never works out while other have told me the complete opposite. What do you guys think about dating someone so similar to you? do you think i should ask her out?

tell them to stuff it. go for it man.
    [url]http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/GoldenGreek75/[/url]
    ^my pride and joy^

You have nothing to lose - GO FOR IT!

For me, having the same (almost all) characteristics would have a great chemistry. She knows how to make "sabay" with you. I think you will work.Unlike with a person who is opposite with your characteristics. Usually she don't understand you. With the opposite, I think you will have more fight.
    Don't Get Me Wrong

I met someone like that recently...didnt work out.

When things are good they are great, but we clashed too much about things we didnt agree on. We are both too damn stubborn (both Aries).

you need some minimal amount of differences at least, im sure ur exagerating to some degree. I mean you need to compliment each other. I have a friend who we both had a lot in common, but mostly we just thought completely on the same wave length, i wouldnt even have to ask her opinion on like situations in a buddy's relationship and i'd know her answer and have some opinion. I thought it would have worked out wonderfully however i didn't get a shot.

Go for it.

I'll join the crowd in saying, "Go for it!!"

People say opposites attract, so it may not work.

But then i have a friend who's exactly the same as her bf and they get on just great it's ridiculous, so i'd have to agree with most people go for it

Pros and Cons of each?

Being so similar obvious when something does arise you're going to feel a bit hurt when you don't agree. Chemistry aside it might get boring real fast but if you're both willing to go the long hog this shouldn't matter that much.

Opposites? Well opposites do attract in some way. You give each other stimulation and that will spice things up for a while. Or it might just break it.

So stop thinking about it and go for it. Decide for yourself if you would like to date a female version of you! and I'll just sit here and crack up as I think about that episode in Seinfield!

Do you like yourself? If you do then go for it. If you don't, still go for it.

You've nothing to lose.
    We're not all that bad you know

Maybe on some things I would like some common traits so that we can talk on the same wavelength on a day to day basis, but I agree you need differences as well. It would be great if you had strengths in areas she was weak in and vice versa so that you guys do compliment each other and help each other out. This, in turn, would produce a strong relationship.

The social part of her sounds good in a sense that she can get you to be more social, but as for seriousness, I doubt that you'd be able to change that for her. Make sure you aren't more attached to her than she is to you if you guys start dating.