+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Single, but I don't flirt?

I'm Single, but I don't flirt?

Im nearly 21. I have dated a few attractive girls but currently single at the moment.

However when im out and about...I do not flirt with girls. I just keep like a professionalism approach as if Im not interested when in fact Id love to get to know them.

Even when girls initiate flirting communication I dont seem to carry on with it...even though Id love to.

Shy? Unconfident? Why would they want me pff? I don't know

Pleaese help

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    probably just shy.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just google some tips for flirting (answers.com?) and try a few that fit with your personality.

Being 'professional', btw, can be a great method if not taken too far. Girls will see you as a challenge.

The rest is just practice. Get out there & talk to girls.

The fact that your have dated "a few attractive girls" and aren't even 21 yet goes to show that you have every reason to be confident. And as you say, women are initiating flirting still. Ironically it's appearng ill-confident which will steer them away. So stop being so professional
    [URL=/flirtingformula/"]How To Attract The Women You've Always Wanted By Pissing Off The Mods At LoveForum![/URL]

thanks guys, yea I have been with a couple of attractive girls. One I was mad about but but we both wanted different things, so wasnt really a proper relationship.

I think the reason why iv never been in a proper relationship and single is because I don't flirt.

I need to start doing so though, any tips?

im not a professional in this matter, but i've noticed girls like humor, and sensitivity. Be creative or just be you.
    I broke the signature rules, so Frasbee had to put me in my place. If I continue to break this or any other forum rule, Frasbee will ban me.

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    yeh i would say go out and just try to get yourself more comfortable with it. step by step, it's not a big deal. personally i like a guy who doesn't try to flirt with me right off the back. and Don't become one of those guys that flirt with everyone that has a vagina, it's really rather unattractive.

Iv never really flirted with girls that have lead to a relationship.

I always wait till a girl starts the connection first. How can I work up the courage to try engage a bit of flirting myself because I feel that I will only ever meet a girl if they are interested in me first and initiate flirting or bonding.

I feel that the girl is above me, or "better than me" if you like which is why I don't bother approaching girls, instead Id rather girls approach me which doesn't really happen much I suppose and Im jut continually and repeatedly lonely

Um, have you ever heard of beer?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by bazM View Post
    Iv never really flirted with girls that have lead to a relationship.

I always wait till a girl starts the connection first. How can I work up the courage to try engage a bit of flirting myself because I feel that I will only ever meet a girl if they are interested in me first and initiate flirting or bonding.

I feel that the girl is above me, or "better than me" if you like which is why I don't bother approaching girls, instead Id rather girls approach me which doesn't really happen much I suppose and Im jut continually and repeatedly lonely
    This is probably part of your problem. As long as your attitude is that a girl is a superior life form, you can never feel comfortable taking the risk of letting her know you are interested through flirtation or otherwise, Baz.

I have news for you (keep it quiet ... these are secrets):

- girls fall in love just like guys do.
    - girls can obsess about someone just like guys can.
    - girls get their hearts broken just like guys do.
    - girls can be caring and respectful, so can guys.
    - girls can be stupid and careless sometimes, so can guys.
    - under the right emotional and physical circumstances, girls love sex every bit as much as guys! (shhhhh!)

A lot of guys think girls have it easier because they can attract a lot of guys. But to balance that, mother nature made girls a lot more choosy. So what is the benefit to a girl that she can attract a hundred frogs if the one prince is so elusive?

So your task is not to be clever or smooth, Baz ... your task is to be natural, open and confident. Flirtation is but one way to express romantic interest. You are concentrating far too much on pick-up lines* and technique.

Be a prince instead!

Carl.

*Worst pickup line ever ... my friend used it on his future wife and she loved it because she was seriously crushing on him:

"Your legs must be tired because you've been running through my mind all evening."

Just stop thinking that girls are better then you and you need them and they dont need you.. the day you will stop believing this you will start flirting as well.
    I'm a whore for signature violations.

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Um, have you ever heard of beer?
    you know, that is VERY true. better yet, wine gets you goin pretty good without having to drink as much as you would have to with beer.

If you dated a bunch of attractive women already you must be doing something right.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

dated only 2 girls who were both attractive. 1st one was over bebo, 2nd one I randomly asked for her number from a restaurant, i dont know where the confidence came from, iv never done that before in my life and was the first time i ever asked for a girls number. but I still struggle to get to that stage again.

Quote Originally Posted by bazM View Post
    dated only 2 girls who were both attractive. 1st one was over bebo, 2nd one I randomly asked for her number from a restaurant, i dont know where the confidence came from, iv never done that before in my life and was the first time i ever asked for a girls number. but I still struggle to get to that stage again.
    Alright chief, heres the deal:

Your a shy guy like I am, I can be completely out going and do whatever I feel like around ANYONE until I like someone around me. Its normal, the amount of guys that have this far out number the amount that are naturals by leaps and bounds.

Stop and look at this last girl you dated....you asked her for her number at a restaurant and it went off without a hitch. Whats stopping you from doing this again? It can't be fear, it worked perfectly last time.

This is all a mind game you play with yourself and its up to you to decide when you want to conquer it. No amount of tips will help you until YOU decide that YOU want to step up.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast