+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A three minutes break for a broken heart

A three minute break for a broken heart

The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost.
    Anonymous

Can a simple phrase help you mend your broken heart? I was one day so very devastated and confused I used to look at internet music and phrases that talked about sadness and loneliness. Then someday I found this little piece of wisdom.
    That’s a beautiful quote I’ve used since that day to feel better every time I need it, to enjoy what I have, it doesn’t matter if I have much or I have few things. It seems like all the things I own are always enough to feel happy. Now I want to ask you: do you understand deeply the meaning of those few words? If you do then it would be a valuable help to improve your state of mind. If you don’t just stop for a moment and think about that phrase… have you ever though about how would be your life without your kids, that mess up your house each day? How would you feel if you didn’t have that car that sometimes you’ve ever think you hate it because the color, or maybe because it is very old, etc. Even just by thinking how would you feel without your own bed at night, you’d probably feel more comfortable at this very night when you laid your head on your pillow. Think about not having the cup of coffee, the candy bar or the ice cream you will have later at this very day. Think about anything in your life you don’t consider very important, think about this for some moments… and into a very short period of time you will feel a little better with your own life. Don’t believe it? Just try it for a moment. Pick something up….. figure yourself without it, really convince yourself you have not that thing or person anymore….it is lost….gone…it doesn’t exist anymore…there is an empty space where your house, or your school, or your workplace used to be. You come back there and you only find a plain and empty terrain, or you come back to your house and there is no one there, only a good-bye note posted at the door… Please, make a honest effort to figure out these situations - you don’t need hypnosis, nor a coach neither a psychiatrist at your side… just a powerful imagination… Then come back to reality. Yes there is still in your life. THERE IS! And is yours to enjoy! Now, do you feel a little better? I don’t know exactly how it works, but that simple mind-exercise you can make at any moment along the day, makes your life very much more bearable. Now think about this. You have you lost the person you love. But there are other things that keep you up and alive. How about not having them?

Why I am writing this?
    Just because I want to help any other person who could be in the same trouble I was some time ago. I’d like to say I was once into that. I was someday so sad, so very devastated by having lost the person I loved that I thought my life was completely over. My life was not anything more than hearing sad songs, watching at the sky at sunset while I thinking about her… while my tears blurred my sight. What was the cause of my sadness? Myself. Yes, me and nobody else. It is like feeling sad was the very first and only reason of my life. I realized one day that I was ENJOYING the feeling, that was the reason why I only spent my time looking for sad songs, forums on broken heart themes and pages with break up quotes. I was looking for places that reinforced my sadness rather than places and ideas that could helped me to avoid the feeling and start dropping my sadness at least a little. Then at a page about break up quotes I found the quote I used to open this article. That quote made the difference for me since that very day. Of course I didn’t got my love back because she had married to another guy at those days, but since that day on, I started to appreciate the things that I still had in my life, and in a matter of days I really started to feel better. It was the cure for me. I’d like to share this little contribution because it made a real difference in my life and I’d like it to be of some help to any other broken hearted person who would possibly read this. I hope it will help somebody!

Feel free to post any comment, it will be valuable for me.
    Last edited by rodoxito; 15-07-11 at 09:55 PM.