+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Happy Holidays Story

My Happy Holidays Story

I was home for Christmas that year, on 30-day leave from the Army between the end of an 18-month tour in Germany, and the beginning of what would be nearly 18 months in Vietnam. A few days after I got home, I got a surprise call from my most recent "ex." I hadn't spoken to her for two years, not since she'd done a "Dear John" on me when I was still in Army training, 700 miles away from her and home.

It hadn't been a nice dumping. She'd made it clear that she'd found a guy who was really cool, and much more her "type" than I was. Lucky girl her, because she was really, really happy with this other guy, and she was kinda sorry that it didn't work out between us, but I really shouldn't call her again, etc., etc. She told me who the guy was, and I knew him: a neighborhood hotshot and typical-- Hell, stereotypical-- "bad boy" I used to see around occasionally. She was really lucky to land that one. All the cool girls were after him.

Ah well, bygones, she said, and she'd really like to see me again. So we agreed to meet at an old-favorite restaurant, just like the good old days...except that she spent most of the date telling me about her horrible few months with Joe Cool, how he'd used her and abused her, humped her and dumped her, robbed her and ran-- all the usual tales. All of them. At length.

Pretty well ruined my meal. Believe it. Damned expensive restaurant, too, for a guy on Army pay.

And for dessert: she told me that she had spent some time being angry with me for letting her go so easily-- that if I'd just fought a little to get her back, she could have avoided all that bad-boy pain. But that was all in the past, she said, and she was willing to give me another chance. We could pick things up again just where we'd left them. She wasn't holding any grudges.

I thought that was big of her.
    When in trouble,
    Or in doubt,
    Run in circles,
    Scream and shout.

sounds like something a stupid, young girl would do. how old were you two when you dated?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I hope you let her pay the dinner bill.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What a bitch
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by chump4u View Post
    But that was all in the past, she said, and she was willing to give me another chance.
    Wow!

Give YOU another chance? The balls on that woman

I hope for your own sake you are not seriously considering getting back with someone who dumped you for a loser when you were away and then accused you of letting her go when it didn't work out

What a low and disgusting little girl
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeh, it doesnt sound like your about to, but dont go back there chump. No one needs someone like that.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

It sounds like this didn't happen recently.

But yeah, wow. What a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    sounds like something a stupid, young girl would do. how old were you two when you dated?
    Let's see...she would have been about 21 when we first dated, and 25 when I last spoke to her (about 10 minutes after we left that restaurant).

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Wow!

Give YOU another chance? The balls on that woman

I hope for your own sake you are not seriously considering getting back with someone who dumped you for a loser when you were away and then accused you of letting her go when it didn't work out

What a low and disgusting little girl
    Nah, Mish, I haven't seen her since before you were born. This is a history lesson, not a current event (note the reference to Vietnam: I wasn't going there as a tourist).

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    What a bitch

Yeh, it doesnt sound like your about to, but dont go back there chump. No one needs someone like that.
    True enough...but actually, she was one of the nicer girls in my LTR history in that she didn't dump on me too much when she dumped me-- not compared to some others, who were downright unreasonable about things.

We live and learn-- though some of us seem to have to repeat the lessons more than others do.
    Last edited by chump4u; 10-12-09 at 02:22 PM.
    When in trouble,
    Or in doubt,
    Run in circles,
    Scream and shout.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, she's a gormless twit. But you sure can pick them, Chump. Does it usually take a couple of tries of your hand on the hot element before you pull back? Do you take the stove out for dinner afterward? LOL.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    ...you sure can pick them, Chump. Does it usually take a couple of tries of your hand on the hot element before you pull back? Do you take the stove out for dinner afterward? LOL.
    Actually, I've only just lately realized that I didn't pick the women I've had the most trouble with in my life-- I let them pick me. That just might have contributed to my problems, you think?

Nah, couldn't be. Pure coincidence, or an Urban Legend, or something.
    When in trouble,
    Or in doubt,
    Run in circles,
    Scream and shout.

Quote Originally Posted by chump4u View Post
    Actually, I've only just lately realized that I didn't pick the women I've had the most trouble with in my life-- I let them pick me. That just might have contributed to my problems, you think?
    I believe you. I found that with guys in general, they tend to gravitate to whichever hot girl lets them sleep with her. And then they just stick around because the girl provides them with sex, until it turns into some kind of relationship. Then they wonder why they are in a relationship with someone who's completely incompatible to them. I was like that as well until my last break up when I decided I had to break out from that vicious circle, be assertive and exercise my personal choice to find someone compatible.

Exercising your choice means you have to bypass incompatible hot girls who offer you sex, something that takes will power.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~