+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm starting to like this girl....

I'm starting to like this girl....

She's in my first period class, and I sit across from her at our lunch table. We're not really friends I'd say, but we mess around with each other at lunch and at the end of class. She says that I am "mean" to her, but I tell her that she's mean to me jokingly. I don't have her number or anything, so would it be a good idea to ask for it and/or her myspace when we come back from Christmas Break? And I'm going to try to be less "mean" to her.

Oooh, maybe she could be your "it's complicated" on Facebook!
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

I would not worry about the "mean" thing too much, unless you do say mean-spirited stuff to her. It kind of sounds like you two are flirting with each other. The next step is to tell her, "we should hang out". Then suggest an outing. That is all you got to do.

I'll ask her how her Christmas was when we come from back; I'll try to do it without cussing at her, flipping her off, calling her names, hitting her - anything mean that I do to her (I do those things playfully, btw; she does the same to me). I don't know if this means anything, but she never calls me by my name - she usually says "you" when talking to me; but I do the same to her.

By the way, TSA ... how old are you both?

I just turned 19 a couple of weeks ago, and she's 16. Don't know when her birthday is, though.

We really didn't flirt with each other until about December, after we came back from Thanksgiving break. About like the second week of December until we got out for break, I'd guess. I don't even really know how it started out; she flipped me off at the end of class one day and then it was on. Actually, I've been thinking a lot about her lately. So yeah, two days until we go back to school. Yipee.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA09 View Post
    I'll ask her how her Christmas was when we come from back; I'll try to do it without cussing at her, flipping her off, calling her names, hitting her - anything mean that I do to her (I do those things playfully, btw; she does the same to me). I don't know if this means anything, but she never calls me by my name - she usually says "you" when talking to me; but I do the same to her.
    Does she even know your name?
    I don't chase, I replace.

You stop being mean to her and she stops being interested in you. .
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Does she even know your name?

I'm pretty sure she does, yeah. I've never heard her call anybody by their name, except her brother at lunch.

I take it that you really mean 'cheeky' not 'mean', in that case what ever you do don't stop it! You probably won't have a chance with her if you do, girls love to be teased.

Easiest thing is to ask her out for coffee, it's non committal, so if she says no it doesn't mean anything bad for you.

Well today I didn't talk to her because I was tired/just didn't care. Oh well. She started with me again today and hit when I was at my locker (we always do this) three times. I hit her back once, I have two hits left. Just now I was about to send her a request on MySpace but it says I need to enter her e-mail, which I don't know. How should I go about this? (I didn't ask her for her myspace, btw. She's a friend of one of my friends on there)

Try to avoid myspace/facebook messages and texts. Walk up to her and ask her out on a date, confidence is a turn on for almost all girls.

Well, this week was the same as usual. I never really talk to her, though. How can I start a conversation with her?

Quote Originally Posted by TSA09 View Post
    Well, this week was the same as usual. I never really talk to her, though. How can I start a conversation with her?
    I usually start with some variant of a greeting like "Hi."
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast