+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice pls - is it a rebound, will she be back?

Advice pls - is it a rebound, will she be back?

Hi, just wanted a bit of advice.

Without getting too complicated, my gf of 8 months recently dumped me (actually 5 weeks ago now) but kept getting back in touch with excuses, like thinking she was pregnant, wanting to chat, etc. We have actually split twice before and got back together, and each time its always better then before.

Just overa week ago, on the friday, she called me like she used to do when going to work for an hour, was telling me she wanted a bit of time to let the dust settle at home (the family had gotten involved int he arguement), that she didn`t want anyone else, etc. nice as pie to me. Then I heard nothing all weekend, so i txt her monday morning if she was going to call, she said no, so i said should I call it a day then? She finally replied a couple of hours later saying she was going to anyway cos she had met someone else?!?

Anyway, she put on FB that she was "dating" someone, so I messaged her and said thats fine if she wanted a bit of time, I wasn`t bothered she knew how I felt about her, didn`t want anyone else, etc. Next day its changed to "boyfriend" then a mate tells me shes put on her fb shes in a relationship now. We are not on either persons friends list sicne we split so cannot see the profiles other then basics as we have mutual friends.

She sent me some nasty txts to leave her alone, that shes happy with this new guy, hes the one, they "fit", and are happy together, yet she only met him a week before and she has trust issues so I`m not too sure if shes saying this stuff to drive me away or to make me jealous...

Last week she got some unknown number to txt me to "leave her alone" and hassle me so I changed my number, as soon as she found out she txt my mate with an excuse about telling me to send a bangle back she had left, even though she has my msn, email, and home number so could have still contacted me!

Anyway I had started No Contact, but 2 days in her pet died so I txt her, on the new number by mistake to tell her, she said thanks and thats he wouldn`t be contacting me again nastilly. I replied and said I understood she had moved on and I needed to as well after getting "us" wrong for her to to just "replace" me like that, that what she did with the number was up to her, and I didn`t know what the future holds but if she did get in touch in the future I wouldn`t ignore her, and I wouldn`t contact her again. She didn`t reply.

Then she txt me last night out of the blue saying she wanted this bangle back etc, again bit nasty, and that she wouldn`t be contacting me again! A few txts were sent, I wasn`t nasty back, she was each time I said would send it today, and there was no need to be hurtfull, that was about it.

This morning I added a group membebrship on my facebook, which appeared on my wall. I just happened to check her basic profile a couple of hours later, and she had joined the same group so must have looked at my profile! I didn`t realise she had been checking my profile even though shes not on my firends list but theres no other explanation!!!

So I guess my questions are, is she checking on me to just to see what i`m doing, or because she doesn`t actually want to "loose" me to someone else - i.e she still wants me? And is this relationship thing on facebook and social me to get me to give her space, or has she really moved on from me with someone else in the space of a week or so, and want nothing to do with me? is he a rebound, or the real deal? As hes not the sort of guy she goes for (always older men) and nothing like me (hes 25, I`m 35!) Cos she said she was going to delete my number after she txt me the other night about her pet and clearly had not to txt me again last night?!

I intend to keep no contact up till ehr BD in a few weeks, but I do really care for her and we`ve been through a lot of stuff together, the breakup was bad though, lots of small arguements snowballing into a breakup as she vented off to her family and friends, which, to me, makes it hard for her to go back on what she said.

And the biggy, will I get her back?

Would be gratefull for any advice and opinions!

Should have added, she claimed last week after stating there was another guy, that she feels nothing for me whatsoever and has moved on, yet 2 days earlier she was calling me telling me she wanted no-one else, just to let the dust settle, etc.

Confused!!!!

Didn't read all of it, just skimmed. I think you know better.

This is obviously not a girl you want to have a long, stable and healthy relationship with. Let it alone and look somewhere else.