+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I am seriously screwed up

I am seriously screwed up

Put simply, I am 14 and in love with someone who i have known since i was 3. She knows how i feel, and i got the famous "stay friends" rejection, but i cant stop loving her. I hate myself for it, it just feels wrong, but i cant help it. Anyone who had this or something similar happen to them, please give me some advice. I'm afraid im gonna do something thatll ruin everything.

<banality>
    Stop communicating with her and it'll go away. Out of sight, out of mind.
    </banality>

Kinda hard, we live in the same neighborhood and go to the same school. Plus, we have the same friends. I would have to try to actively avoid her, thus, avoiding my frineds, and even then id still see her a lot.

i had the same problem when i was 14- grew up with this guy from 3 years old and fell in complete and total love. he didnt feel the same and its not like i could just avoid him. i was miserable for a very long time, no need to sugarcoat it. the fact that youve known this girl for so long kinda solidifies your love, so you know its not just a short-lived crush-- thats what makes it so hard to get over. BUT YOU WILL. you dont want to hear this, but i was 17 when i finally found somebody else (what they say is true- it takes somebody to get over somebody) and i was miserable no more. its now been 10 years and he and i are good friends and i have absolutely no feelings for him. be patient. but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont sell yourself short. if she says she doesnt feel the same, she DOESNT, so dont try to convince yourself (or her) that she does.

face it guy, when a girl says she's not interested, it's because she's either genuinely not attracted to you or your type or she just hasn't realized you are the guy of her dreams. your only choices are going to be either suck it up and keep her as a really good friend and eventually she'll love you later in life, or you're going to have to just find someone else that she recommends for you.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Well, my advice is to stay friends with her and just wait and see wat happens, the same thing happened to me, it will pass, don't worry
    So lost and disillusioned....

Thanks for the advice everyone. I really appreciate it.