+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Heart broken :( help

Heart broken :( help

Hi I am new to this site and I didnt know where to go or who to go too. So i decided to post my story and hope that I can get some advice. I am 21 and my boyfriend is 23. We have been dating for 4 years. We have had a greatttt relationship. 2 years were long distance, but not really he drove to see me every month. We were only 250 miles away. So i moved up to be with him. We got our own place. The biggest key to our relationship is communication. We tell everything to each other about how were feeling etc. We show love to each other like crazy. We just do anything for each other. All he does is tell me he loved me takes me out to dinner all the time. Hugs me and everything. So heres the deal.

A few days ago he called me and just asked do you think we will be together for ever. I said yes, I love you and know i want to be with you. Then he told me he has been having thoughts lately. Thoughts like he wants to be single. Thoughts like I will be the last girl he will ever be with. Of course that was like a dagger in my heart. Then he told me the worst thing ever. He loves me but doesnt think hes in love with me. I dropped the phone and just crumbled into pieces. He came home and we talked. He said He does not feel it is fair to have those feelings when i have done nothing wrong. He then said we should take a small break/space. I was just heart broken.

Later on that day we went to a concert with his mom. We were somewhat distant from each other. I didnt want to hold his hand nor sit next to him I was just heart broken. During the concert he said No he cant do a break now he wants to work this out. Then we got up 30min later to go use the restroom. As soon as we met back he said I have something to tell you. He said i cant do this, meaning I cant have a break. Just the thought of me not having you for awhile kills me to think about it. Then we said i will go to my families house 4 hours away for a week or 2 just to get space. But we will still be together not broken up. Then later on that night he tells me No he cant even do that, he doesnt want me to leave at all and he begs me not to give up on him. He tells me its not the end of us he is going to do what ever it takes.

Its been a few days and all he says is sorry and how he hates himself for having these feelings. And he keeps telling me not to give up on him. I on the other hand, I am breaking every second. I dont smile i have no appetite for food. I cry all the time. My heart hurts. I am afraid any moment he will say something i dont want to hear.

Any advice?

I feel sick to my stomach even reading that. If my husband did that to me, I would just feel like I had been shot. What a terrible, irresponsible thing for him to do. I'm so sorry, natalie.

He probably thinks it's possible to just forget all about this and act like it never happened if he acts contrite enough. What he's done, though, is pull the rug out from under you in the most selfish way. He should have worked all of this out before taking it to you. This isn't something you're supposed to figure out together like you're rearranging the furniture.

If I were you, I would be seriously rethinking this relationship. I would take those two weeks and go see your family. Tell them what's going on. Clear your head and see if he has any more pathetic flip-flops while he's trying to figure out what he wants to do.
    Spammer Spanker

I agree with Gigabitch... he shouldn't have done that...

I don't know what may be in his mind, but there has to be something.. you need to figure out why he said such a thing..