+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Gifts You've Given and Received

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Christmas Gifts You've Given and Received

So far my father has sent me a Sony Blu ray player, which in all honesty I had no interest in ever buying any time soon. He then called me up and told me that if I didn't already have one, go buy an iphone that he'll pay for, which I turned him down on.

I'm not big on the whole do-everything-phones. So then he told me to go and buy a GPS, at which point I said "okay" because I couldn't see him backing down unless I accepted. But I still won't bother.

On the other side, I bought my g/f a 150 dollar gift card to Express clothing store, 100 dollars to some shoe store, and bought her the...I think the 120 gig classic ipod.

She made out this year, for sure. Last year I didn't spend more than 90 dollars on her.

That was very nice of your dad... even though you don't seem happy. LOL
    Does anything make you happy?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    That was very nice of your dad... even though you don't seem happy. LOL
    Does anything make you happy?
    No, the blu ray was nice. But he really seemed intent on purchasing a 200 dollar gift besides that one. My g/f thinks I should just accept the gift because it would make him happy. He's always spoiled me. I just feel like the blu ray is enough and that he should save his money for more important things.

Yeah, come on! Accept the gift. He is in the spirit and you might be coming off as ungrateful? Make Dad happy that he was able to make you smile and buy you something great!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Go for the GPS, Fras.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You guys are nuts.

Anyway, what have you guys gotten for your family?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Fras, I learned years ago that you should never turn down a gift like this. Some people equate love with gifts and you have to accept them in the spirit given, particularly since there is no hardship he will endure for giving you this gift.

Its your hangup, probably b/c you worry about reciprocity (common in asian culture). But he is senior, he has the cash, so let him feel good about his gift. Be very effusively grateful, lots of ooh and ahhs and the exchange will go as intended.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Well my family doesn't celebrate Christmas. They tried 2 years ago and it wasn't anything special or different than any other time we all hang out at my grandmother's house. They are planning to do something so I bought my mom and dad Kindle DX's, A Nintendo Wii for my moma and some Redskins gear for my dad and gave him some more tickets to some games.

Anako's family does celebrate so I bought my mother-in-law 5 paid sessions at a spa that she goes too with her sisters and buddies. I found that out with help from Anako's Aunt. I bought his 3 aunts $100 Gift Certificates for each one of them to Michael's craft store because they are starting a scrap-booking group. They will find lots of things there to help get them started.

Anako... I bought him a coat. I couldn't buy him much because the coat cost me close to $700. I bought some books, a USA Map Floor Puzzle and some other little toys for my goddaughter.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The GPS would be nice if you traveled a lot and didn't have a good sense of direction. You could've just gotten a smartphone with GPS installed anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Anyway, what have you guys gotten for your family?
    Got the wife a Wii and a bunch of clothes ... I also agreed to take her shopping without being an a-hole. Even though I'll be yearning for death as I get dragged around the mall. Haha...

Got my daughter some shoes, a humidifier, and a food processor. But she gets anything she wants, whenever she wants anyway.

I bought my mom an Andrea Bocelli blu ray (I don't even know if she wants it ... I just know she likes the guy) and a pair of Crocs. I also got my dad a pair of Crocs and an electric shaver.

Me and the wife pitched in and bought them a new TV and a Ps3 to enjoy movies on.

This'll be the first Christmas that we'll be opening gifts without knowing what's inside the box! haha ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i think my son has half of toyrus (huge british toy store) i spent 3 hours wrapping his presents the other day..it got a bit tedious in the end!!
    Im spoiling him rotten
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    i think my son has half of toyrus (huge british toy store) i spent 3 hours wrapping his presents the other day..it got a bit tedious in the end!!
    Im spoiling him rotten
    Toys R Us?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeh, i wasnt sure whether you had it over in america (hence me saying what it was)
    Last edited by qwertz; 21-12-09 at 07:02 AM. Reason: spelling
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, we got those.

Haven't been in one in years.

Funny when I think back to the days of a kid, I never thought I'd outgrow toys.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post

Funny when I think back to the days of a kid, I never thought I'd outgrow toys.
    When I was a kid, my dad would just take me there every Saturday. I wouldn't even get anything, it was like Disneyland for me.

Remember when you could just ride the electric cars around the store?
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

This year I was given a bunch of money from my family. My grandfather gave more more money than anyone ever has. I wrote him a handwritten letter, thanking him for all the things he's ever done.

I bought a few things for my girlfriend. I already gave her some of them. I'm waiting until New year's eve to give her to big one. I think she is making me a photo album of pictures from the times we first spent together and giving me a Serbian-English dictionary or something.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast