+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I don't understand him at all....

I don't understand him at all....

I have never done anything like this (forum) in my life, but I am just really confused about this one guy... We met about 2-3 weeks ago. We immediately started talking and got a good, intense conversation going on about or beliefs, politics, majors, interests, ethnicity, etc. Then he said that I should get HIS number, which I did and I gave him mine. Then he says that I should find HIM on FB, which I also did. For about a week, we communicated through FB. He promised to hang out with me. Then he calls me and invites me to a small party that was thrown for his friend's birthday. I think he was really drunk, but we held hands and walked home. No drunk kissing, thankfully, because we ran into my roommate. The second time we hung out, he had his friend with him. She is the sweetest thing and I can tell they're just really good friends. They both invited me to go eat with them and their other friends and I accepted. Now here's where I get really confused: he starts talking to his friends out loud in front of me about this girl he hooked up with once. They ALL said (including him) that she's crazy, but he says that there will always be a place for her in his heart because she was the first girl in his major that he hooked up with. He continues to tell me that he would never date anyone in his major (theatre). Then he asks me if I would ever date anyone in my major. Another thing he started telling me is his experience at frats. He has DJ'd there a lot and tells me a lot of slutty girls have made him offers, but he refused them all. I have no idea what reaction he was expecting from me. Is he trying to make me jealous? End of the night, he drives me back to my place even though I told him I could manage walking for 10min. Got to my place, hug, say good night, mentioned our future plans to hang out, the end. We're suppose to go to a museum in the next few days, but should I even bother? I don't understand him at all! Sorry for the length...

Sounds like he is trying to boost his sense of worth. He wants you to know he is a "wanted ladies' man" and that is a little hint to make you jealous.

However, now you have a clue as to how he acts around his friends...so it's your choice now. You can go on a date to the museum with him so you can have alone time, but if he acts similar I would just forget about it. Don't waste your time on someone who is so blatantly going to throw himself out there as a big flirt and party dude...unless that's what you want.

Sounds like he's just being a boastful asshole. He wants you to do all the chasing and then maybe you will have a chance with him. I wouldn't date a woman like that. I don't understand how a woman could find a man like that attractive.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Game player.... kick him to the curb

KingZ Guest
    Ahhh, I was too lazy to read through that paragraph, so I decided to just write this sentence to bump my post count.

I hate this thing.

Dont give it away...dont be easy.....watch out with this one!!!!!

Like everyone else said, don't waste your time. I seen many red flags, he told you to get his number and find him on FB. Then he is talking about how he hooked up with another chick in front of you. A guy that really likes you would not do that. I don't know if he is trying to make you jealous, but he sounds like a jerk imo.