+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why would a guy ...?

why would a guy ...?

feel the need to mention his past sexual conquests...?

or why would he feel the need to tell you about a 'bunny boiler' who he had been with previously was texting him now and again...?

and then when you question his sexual health he gets all flustered and says something a long the lines of 'that's when i was younger, not now'...why do they want you to think it hadn't 6 months ago and not 6 years.

why why why why oh why

SORRY ABOUT POSTING THIS TWICE - WAS SUPPOSE TO BE IN HERE NOT FEMALE FORUM

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow85 View Post
    feel the need to mention his past sexual conquests...?

or why would he feel the need to tell you about a 'bunny boiler' who he had been with previously was texting him now and again...?

and then when you question his sexual health he gets all flustered and says something a long the lines of 'that's when i was younger, not now'...why do they want you to think it hadn't 6 months ago and not 6 years.

why why why why oh why

SORRY ABOUT POSTING THIS TWICE - WAS SUPPOSE TO BE IN HERE NOT FEMALE FORUM
    Because he's immature. For guys who have their crap together, it's not about sexual conquests - that's your first clue. Some of us have definitely had a few sexual partners, but it's not a competition - which is where this kind of talk comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Because he's immature. For guys who have their crap together, it's not about sexual conquests - that's your first clue. Some of us have definitely had a few sexual partners, but it's not a competition - which is where this kind of talk comes from.
    this guy is 27; has been single for 6 months but was with his ex for 4 years. They moved into together and after 4 months of living together, she left and started seeing someone else - he's hurt.

im a confident, honest, career minded woman of the same age. I've told him I like him.

In your opinion is a defense mechanism as if to say, 'i'm unsure about you just so you know I can easily get girls'

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    this guy is 27; has been single for 6 months but was with his ex for 4 years. They moved into together and after 4 months of living together, she left and started seeing someone else - he's hurt.

im a confident, honest, career minded woman of the same age. I've told him I like him.

In your opinion is a defense mechanism as if to say, 'i'm unsure about you just so you know I can easily get girls'
    Either way, it's immature. Doesn't matter how old he actually is.

I'm not saying to leave him or anything like that. It's definitely an easy thing to address or ignore - it's just immature.

I'm not in a relationship with him. It's early days; I was just wondering whether he was playing games or what he's saying hhas anything todo with him not being interested or something

Well obviously you are not impressed by what he talks about so I say he isn't making any effort to attract you......take a guess where this is going.

he is very immature and not confident. A man who is confident with his sexual conquests doesn't feel the need to brag about them.

i never bring up sexual shit...and honestly if girl tries to i saw we are not talking about it, just enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    i never bring up sexual shit...and honestly if girl tries to i saw we are not talking about it, just enjoy it.
    oldskool your comment does not make sense - what do you mean? Thank you for your comment though.

oldskool your comment does not make sense - what do you mean? Thank you for your comment though.
    It makes sense. Essentially, if you two are just friends and you are informally inquiring about his sexual past, then he is going to talk about it because he thinks of you as 'one of the guys.' Is it immature to talk about it in a bragging way? Yes. But, it seems to me that you are interested in him. You asked about STDs, etc.

I didn't ask. He would find a way to bring it up. I asked about stds winding him up. It was banter

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I didn't ask. He would find a way to bring it up. I asked about stds winding him up. It was banter
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    In which case, he is being immature. He mistakenly thinks that listing his conquests will turn your crank. Yeah, the STD talk would get him wound up, no doubt. Probably better to be totally silent when he brings this stuff up...he'lll soon realize that you don't care to hear this.
    He's being immature. Some people have trouble with boundaries, especially about sex. Its not the taboo subject it used to be so there is a wide range of responses out there. I disagree about staying silent tho, if bothers you. Does it?

Given his age and relative inexperience, it may simply be he's never had someone set clear boundaries for him. He might even have some past issues about sex (inappropriate behaviour about sex can sometimes mean this). So, he might be a creep or just an imperfect guy. Up to you to figure it out. His being flustered about it should tell you something. Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Doesn't bother me I was just wondering why he felt the need to tell me. Trying to make me jealous or feels comfortable around me? We have had a sexual relationship by the way, I've made a decision not to contact him now though to see whether he gets in touch with me. He hasn't yet

If it (his sexual conquesting) happened ages ago and this so called "bunny boiler" is still ocassionally texting him then to me that is the biggest red flag he's flown. Why would he have not made it so she can't text him (like change his number or have her's blocked for instance). Does he enjoy the attention? Is he lying about the time frame?

That and him only being out of a 4 year relationship for only 6 months (another red flag IMO)

To Add:
    Doesn't bother me I was just wondering why he felt the need to tell me. Trying to make me jealous or feels comfortable around me? We have had a sexual relationship by the way, I've made a decision not to contact him now though to see whether he gets in touch with me. He hasn't yet
    How long have you been waiting to hear from him?
    Last edited by Wakeup; 01-03-12 at 09:21 AM.

Will be two weeks now. Something isn't right. I think at the min he loves the attention; I however am not prepared to give it to him

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast