+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Moving away together to soon

Moving away together to soon

I have been giving a job opportunity to move to the North West Territories. My boyfriend and I have only been dating 1 1/2 months, we clicked right away and have this crazy connection.
    We are both going to employed up there, it's just such a huge step and makes me nervous because we both have moved in with people quickly and it not work out. Did it not work out because we went to fast?
    It we go there together or not at all.

That's too soon to be moving in together. You barely know each other. Why can't you both move there and get separate apartments? Date for a while and see how things go before making any major decisions.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

If you are both going there for work separately, you don't have to move in together. Just explain that you think its too soon to move in together, and that for the time being, you should each get your own place when you move. No reason for added stress.

The company provides housing and if they are sending us as a couple then they prefer we live together, if we apply separate we might not be placed in the same place.

Ridiculousness, do whatever you feel is best then.

look your either compatible or your not. They say moving too fast is a recipe for disaster and I do agree with that to a certain extent-however b&t (a member here) broke all the rules in the beginning and is happily married now years later, my own parents conceived me through a one night stand and they made it work. Happily married now nearly 25 years later.. my cousin got his gf pregnant within 6 months, they moved in together-4 years later they are both v happy..

I think whether you live together now or in two years time-you will either work well together as a team or you wont. Ideally it is better to go slow obviously but you have both been offered a great opportunity here so take the risk, see how it goes and if it doesn't work out-just put it down to incompatibility and not the fact that you moved quickly

Best of luck
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Conceiving a child isn't the type of advice I'd give anyone. Once you have a child with someone the rules change, whether you decide to stay married or not, those people are going to be in your lives regardless.

Choices become extremely limited in those situations due to responsibility. Moving in together with the premise that the reason for it revolves around your job... I'm sure nothing will go wrong there - after they've been together for just over a month ...

lol i didnt say to have a child.was just giving examples of people i know who are v happy even though it all happened v fast.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    lol i didnt say to have a child.was just giving examples of people i know who are v happy even though it all happened v fast.
    I see XD sorry!

So what is Plan B? What happens if the relationship fizzles after you take the job and move in together there? Get separate places, I guess. But what if he turns out to be a jerk? Are you ready for potential drama, gossip, violence, madness, whatever? Good luck.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.