+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why the sudden change of heart

Why the sudden change of heart

Basically I was dating a guy for 3 months but finished it off about 2 weeks ago because I felt he let me down (first time I felt this during the time we were 2gether).
    During our relationship he was the one who was doing all the chasing.. He introduced me to his family and friends.. Apparently he was always talking about me..even told one of our mutual friend that he thinks I'm ' the one'. We got on really well and felt comfortable in eachothers company.

Two weeks before I split with him he asked me if we were now a couple in a relationship.. I said yes because things we're going well. Since this..I feel he has changed because the following weekend we made plans but he ended up going for a blow out (sesh) all weekend!! He was very apologetic and I said I totally don't mind him going out but he should communicate more and not make plans with me if hes wanting to go with friends. I was also told that he had been active on the Tinder dating app so that waa enough for me to shut dkwn and finish with him..I told him I deserve better than being treated like that.
    He came over to talk but said that he thought he wanted a relationship but he keeps going out with his mates!? He said he was gutted about it but doesn't know what he wants. He really likes me and feels we get on well..he doesn't not want to be with me but doesn't want to be with anyone at this stage. We agreed to be friends and he left. He casually sent me a text the following Day asking if I'm ok. A few days later I realised that being friends with a guy I had feelings for was very hard so deleted him from my facebook and snapchat account! He instantly noticed and texted me to ask why. I explained and apologised saying I need space so I can move on and detach because id only end up getting my hopes up....that was 4 days ago. I haven't heard from him since. I don't expect to because I asked for space. Will this no contact help getting hi treem back? Anyone been in the same position

He's not ready to be in a relationship so why would you want him back? Find someone who is wanting to have a girlfriend rather then someone who thinks he does but treats you like shit. You have a fantastic set of personal boundaries in place so don't ever give those up. You will quickly get rid of fluff like this guy instead of letting them treat you poorly while getting the goods (having cake while eating it too).

No contact is a tool to be used to get over someone... certainly not to entice someone who is too immature to be a good boyfriend back for more mis-treatment of you.

You did good. Now just believe that you did the right thing and you'll, in no time at all, find a great guy who is ready to appreciate a good catch like yourself.

Cheers.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion