+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Influence of a Dream on Your Emotions

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Influence of a Dream on Your Emotions

I'm finding it particularly eerie just how a dream can affect my waking emotions. Particularly that those that are nightmares, whether they be scary or sad.

Just last night I had two "nightmares" that were...best described as sad and depressing in nature. I refer to them as nightmares because of the negative emotions involved and because of the fact they both woke me up prematurely. Even after I woke up, realizing they were dreams, I still couldn't help but feel depressed for a short time after.

Even as I refer to these emotions as "sad" or "depressing" those terms don't accurately describe them. These emotions reach such an intensity I'm not used to coping with and are such a jumbled mess I can't apply any concrete description.

I've had nightmares where I'd wake up with the most bitter feelings of loathing, hate and rage towards another person. Once again, having to remind msyelf that none of what happened in the dream was reality.

It's scary how much my dreams can **** with my consciousness.

King Zarathu Guest
    There was a diagram I saw a while back, went like this:

Thoughts ==> Emotions ==> Actions ==> Results

Replace the "==>" with "affects"

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I like having erotic dreams. They put me in a good mood all day long.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Well, Frasbee, dreams come from your head. It makes sense that the feelings would linger there.

Nobody can mess with you like you, right?

What were your dreams about, if you don't mind sharing?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    What were your dreams about, if you don't mind sharing?
    Part of me wants to go into it, part of me doesn't.

I'll think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Part of me wants to go into it, part of me doesn't.

I'll think about it.
    I know what you mean. I had a pretty freaky nightmare last week that I have no wish to revisit.

Dreams can be way more intense and disturbing than real life. Sometimes I feel like I wake up exhausted from them.

It is kind of funny how things like that effect us, but I guess it's only natural that they do! Dreams/nightmares come from our subconcious - from waaay out there in our heads. You know, it could be a good/cool idea for you to look at dream interpretations - I've done that when I've had crazy dreams and they usually make a lot of sense after reading their meanings.

I've found this website to be pretty interesting :

[url]http://www.dreammoods.com/[/url]
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Okay.

I waited till I talked to her on the phone before I would post this, so it was no longer a silly stress on my mind.

I can't remember the first dream as well, but it was similar in nature, the second dream outside of all the other weird things happening in it, ended with me visiting Amy in New Orleans for Thanksgiving. But when I met her, she like...she was very uncaring that I was there. (In my dream) There I was all excited to see her again, but she was like rolling her eyes at me, acting all "whatever" like and left the room. As if I meant nothing to her anymore. And I started to feel really disappointed, sad, frustrated, confused, lost, what have you.

I woke up right after, still feeling all of those things, as if it really happened. Took me awhile before I could go to sleep. The first dream was a very similar theme, that also woke me up.

Now I feel like I can explain this one. I usually call her on Sundays or Monday nights. But I didn't this past weekend, just, well just because. But I started to get anxious over it a bit, cause I hadn't heard from her since last week on-line or anything like that.

Now call me immature, cause I probably am, but I can't help but feel a bit of anxiety of the idea of her forgetting about me and moving on. All those feelings dissipate after I talk to her, but I feel like I need to talk to her weekly for some kind of reassurance I guess. Never really thought about it until now.

Hell, I'm already looking forward to next week when I'm gonna call her again, but I should be good for awhile now. I told her I was planning on taking an extra 2 days off for Thanksgiving to stay down there and she thought that would be really awesome. Still, both of us, still surpressing our expectations, she kept sayin' she hates getting excited over something so far in advance in case it falls through.

I'm sorry, I'm babbling.

I like this girl.

Can ya tell?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You are the king of the saps. It's adorable.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    You are the king of the saps. It's adorable.
    Holy crap, I just posted that, how the hell did you reply so fast?!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It was the thread that popped up. :shrug:

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So I had this tripped out dream last night.

I had this gun a sub machine gun with a pistol attachment on the bottom...we were clearing room in a building...I was watchin' my teams back when I saw a sillouette appear behind the glass of this one door...only had half a clip left in both my sub magazine and hand gun magazine...put the silencer on the hand gun, a blonde woman opened the door...she had a gun...I emptied my sub...shot her in the forehead with the pistol...she wasn't dead...somehow got behind her and shot her two more times in the skull point blank...she had this maniacal smile on her face...I broke her neck and she was lying on the floor with her body face down, but her head was turned 180...still laughing...I was out of bullets...somehow I came to the idea that if I removed her head and spine it would make her stop...so I pulled out my knife and started cutting...

Can you say "WTF"?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am glad you live on the other side of the country. You are scary.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm trying to type as much as this as possible before it dissipates from my mind.

I had multiple dreams last night, 2 of which I remember being kind of violent.

One where there was this crazy woman...I don't remember the setting anymore, but she was wearing a patient's gown, shot a bunch of people and some dogs...I think it was in a hospital...she was laughing and screaming like a wacko, they managed to chase her into this stair well where there were these doors at the bottom...she tried to get through one of those doors but it was locked...everybody was looking at her and the other doors opened, and out came all of these rabid dogs growling and barking at her...she pleaded for them to open the door and started to cry...then all of the dogs pounced on her and started to tear her apart...I couldn't really see it, but I could hear her screams and the tearing...

The other dream was out in the arctic...a broken up plane had crashed there but was floating upon the water...I was in scuba gear with some other people...I don't know why we were there...it was eerie, I remember thinking that we had to get out of the plane...some woman had said she had felt a sting like a jelly fish or something...as I made my way from the plane to the open water I felt a sting on my leg too, I looked down and saw a small crowd of jellyfish around me, so I swam away from them, then I felt more stings on my back and I screamed in pain...they hurt a lot...I started to panic...I looked underwater to see thousands of jellyfish all around me...I freaked out. I actually woke up feeling the stings on my legs and my back.

Now that's scary.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it was Fritz Perls who believed that every thing and every character in a dream reveals multiple aspects of ourselves. For example, the dogs in your dreams might represent your "inner beast" while the woman represents your feelings of helplessness and victimhood.

I've read that water-related dreams (particularly rough water) reflect trouble and a sense of helplessness in your life - the rougher the water, the harder time one is going through, and of course, the more helpless one feels.
    Last edited by vashti; 20-01-07 at 12:48 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast