+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Met a girl... didn't get her number but know her friends.

Met a girl... didn't get her number but know her friends.

I met a girl tonight. We really clicked. But I didn't think to get her number. This has happened to me a lot lately; I'll be having a great time with a girl that I met in a group of people. We'll be having a great time with the group, and I'll be so in the moment of just chilling out and having a good time, that I don't think to "get her number."

Do you know what I mean? It isn't until after she's gone home that it dawns on you... "Wow, that was an awesome girl. Why didn't I get her number?!?"

Well, what do I do? I know EXACTLY how I could get her number from one of three mutual friends. But I don't know what kind of signals it sends off to call someone out of the blue... and it be a strange number on her cell phone... and just ask her if she'd like to meat for a drink. I mean, it obviously lets her know that I'm into her, because I went through all the trouble to get her number from someone else etc.

This has always been a gray area for me. I'm definitely not scared to let a woman know that I thought we had a nice time, and that I'd like to go out together sometime. But at the same time, I don't want to seem like Creeper McCreeperson by getting her number from a friend (which essentially announces to her that I am telling people that I'm into her.)

I'm probably being ridiculous, but I wanted to ask you girls what you think.

Thanks!

Okay so after typing this out, I looked at that last line and saw you're looking for girls' opinions, but since it's already done, I'm posting anyways, and you're more than welcome to ignore.

The way I see it you've kind of got two viable options.
    A) If you're really shy about it (and I wouldn't recommend this choice, but it's probably a little more in the comfort zone) just get into a situation where you can see her face to face again (such as going out with your mutual friends and her) and asking her straight up for her number. This is probably a little more comfortable to do, but it leaves a ton of uncertainty as to when it will actually happen, and who knows what happens in that down time span.

B) Just ask your friend for her number. I definitely hear you when you say it's uncomfortable calling a girl without having gotten her number, but it's better than the alternative of just not calling her. I also wouldn't worry about coming off as creepy - you're not some random guy that tracked down her number, and you have mutual friends who will vouch for that. Just be straightforward and tell her you dropped the ball a bit, and despite having a great time with her, you completely forgot to ask for her number, and that you asked one of your mutual friends for it. That ought to take care of it.. if continue to dwell on it, you'll give her the impression you're doing something wrong, which absolutely isn't the case. Forgetting to get a number happens, and fortunately in this case, it's not some random girl you can't track down. It's not creepy, it's a nice move, and if you guys had a great time, she should be thrilled to hear from you. If she winds up getting weirded out, chances are it just wasn't meant to work, and you've lost nothing.

Also don't worry about asking her friends. Even show them a bit of courtesy and be like "I had a really great time with X the other night, but completely forgot to get her number. Would you feel comfortable giving me her number so I can give her a call?" (obviously the wording needs a bit of work, but the idea is there). And please don't worry about being straightforward about being interested in her. If you ask her out for drinks at any point, your mutual friends are going to find out then anyways. It probably helps you out a little bit even because you can be a little more straight with them about your intentions rather than having them get this other girl's perspective.

Just my thoughts. You're welcome to nitpick.

If you ask one of her friends for her number, chances are high that the friend will inform her you asked for it and before you call. Women gossip....lol

It won't come across as creepy, if she likes you. She will be excited that you are going to call her.

Swing and a miss...

Called our mutual friend to get her number...

She has a live in boyfriend. Ouch!

Oh well.

Aww, just get back out there!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

Quote Originally Posted by Dolmetscher View Post
    Called our mutual friend to get her number...

She has a live in boyfriend. Ouch!

Oh well.
    Crikey. Think yourself lucky you hadn't approached her directly and asked her, imagine how uncomfortable that would have been? lol

Never mind.....plenty more out there

Ahh it's no big deal. I only knew her for a total of about an hour, and that was in a group setting. I think the main thing that I liked about her was that she is a toucher, and I'm a toucher. She touched my arm about a million times while we talked. Oh, and her birthday is exactly the same as mine... to the day. Same age, same day... weird.

But oh well. There's plenty of tuna in the tank.