+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some women can't orgasm. Or so I hear.

Some women can't orgasm. Or so I hear.

I was out on a date the other night and the girl mentioned she wanted to be a Sex therapist. We talked briefly about it and that she is in school for it. I don't remember how it came up but she said that there are women out there that cannot have an orgasm. I kinda chuckled and said oh its because their boyfriend doesn't know what their doing and she got REALLY angry and said something to the effect of I was trying to be macho and that I had probably never given a woman an Orgasm. Truth is I've never been with a woman where she didn't Orgasm and have been with a couple of women who SWORE they couldn't have an orgasm who had Orgasms with me fairly easily. I assume Orgasming for women is as easy for men unless there is some outstanding circumstance. Needless to say I won't be taking her out again.

What I am wondering is there any real research conducted about this? This girl made it sound like the vast majority or women can't/don't orgasm but I think she is just speaking from her own experiences.

There is something like orgasmic dysfunction as far as I know.

The reasons for the problem vary from mental such as not interested, shy, history of abuse or rape, to the use of certain (prescription) drugs, hormonal disorders or a medical condition such as multiple sclerosis, diabetic neuropathy or spinal cord injury.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thats what I would assume and figure its just as common for men as women. That Women aren't some how predisposed to have trouble Orgasiming.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    Thats what I would assume and figure its just as common for men as women. That Women aren't some how predisposed to have trouble Orgasiming.
    You're correct in assuming it's not gender related.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

loads of woman cant orgasm. but it could just be for the simple fact of they were with the wrong partner

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It is much more common for women to be unable to orgasm than men.

[url]http://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/06/08/10793.aspx[/url]

"According to Spector, between 12-15 percent of women don't have orgasms compared to about 2 percent of men. Males are also quicker at 2.5 minutes, while the average time it takes for a woman to reach orgasm is 12 minutes."

Whoa what 2.5 minutes? No wonder their women aren't orgasming. I don't think I could have an orgasm in 2.5 minutes. Don't even think I could finish a Coke...

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    It is much more common for women to be unable to orgasm than men.

[url]http://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/06/08/10793.aspx[/url]

"According to Spector, between 12-15 percent of women don't have orgasms compared to about 2 percent of men. Males are also quicker at 2.5 minutes, while the average time it takes for a woman to reach orgasm is 12 minutes."
    I guess they never heard about forplay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An orgasm comprises of two parts --- the mental aspect and the physical aspect.

Just from listening to others and surfing the internet (yay... such very good sources!)... it would seem that the main hinderance for women would be that the mental aspect is not satisfied. Some women are with men they don't fully trust, they're worried about their performance (yeah, that's right... women do worry about their bedroom abilities as well), or there was some trauma that interferes with sex directly or prevents women from feeling intimate with someone or both.

Very rarely is a woman's ability to orgasm compromised by a purely physical basis. Sometimes, these physical difficulties (given they aren't too severe) can be overcome with the proper mental/emotional stimulations.

For women... sex is more mental and emotional than physical. Albeit, yes the physical part has to be there... but the mental and emotional aspects can be and often are... just as important.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    It's true actually the majority of women can't orgasm just by penetration

As .Bo. said, adding to that sometimes it's easier to orgasm when going solo, i not got all that much male history but never orgasmed in penetrative sex has only ever been masturbation and when with other women generally because it's longer and men aren't attractive imo LOL

different women, but i think every woman can ve orgasm, if boyfriend has skills to do it)

agreed all differ but it most cases i think it's mental
    Blue.

And the rest is History

Well, mental difficulties can be very hard to overcome. One of my friends can't orgasm, and it's because she has emotional issues. Poor thing.
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A sex therapist? What an interesting career choice.

I think women who have trouble w/orgasm should get a good vibrator. Foreplay w/that until she is good and ready followed by intercourse (I'm describing committed couples, btw) should do the trick most of the time, I should think.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast