+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Might Make It After All...

Might Make It After All...

I talked with management of the apartments (aka, my ex-boss)... she explained the cost of all the expenses that would be incurred with all that has been going on... including the rental fees.. and other bills.. etc.

I took a look at all the paperwork... and remembered some of the other paperwork I had peered over when I was still working there. After a little more talking it was decided that if I painted 5 apartments... and if my mother decided to paint some apartments as well... then we'd both would incur enough credit to basically pay for one month's rent and all the bills. There are so many apartments needing to be painted that theoretically I could have two month's worth of rent and bills essentially 'paid' for.

However, I found it was cheaper in the long run if my mother got an apartment of her own as well... so I worked from that angle as well.

At the end of the discussion I looked over all we had discussed, figured up the math... and decided that I, my mother, and management all benefited from these apartments being painted.

So bottom line is... my rent and bills would be taken care of for this month and next month... my mom will be set up in her own apartment.. my stepdad will be back on Thursday and they will no longer need me... and all of this is possible because my Dad taught my brother, me, and my Mom how to paint a long time ago.

So thankful for seemingly useless trades learned a long time ago...

Suddenly feel this need to listen to Elton John's 'I'm Still Standing'...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Good shit.