+ Follow This Topic
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Unhappy. All a Matter of Perspective? Or Do I Just Fail At Life?

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    speaking of avatars wtf is up with yours?
    I have no idea.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

To respond to the person who did the math of my finances, yes you are absolutely right. Hundreds of dollars seem to just vanish from my pocket without me really realizing where it's going. Cigarettes to a certain degree as I have made a concerted effort to cut down and smoke the cheapest I can find. However the lottery addiction is another story altogether and I am quite ashamed that it still exists. I have been trying to stop playing those stupid scratch offs for months and it was never an issue before in my life until the last few months. It's really quite pathetic and I make no excuse or justification for it. However I do have a $90 a month cell phone bill, $60 a month car insurance bill and a $50 a month student loan bill. Not to mention the hundreds of dollars I've lost in the past six months to overdraft fees because my math sucks and I misjudge what I have in my account week to week.

I believe that if I tightened up my finances and moved closer to my job the amount of money I spend in gas alone would contribute towards rent. Never again playing another lottery ticket alone would add a few hundred dollars a month to my available money without question. Right there is the issue and again, I cannot justify or excuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianonLI View Post
    To respond to the person who did the math of my finances, yes you are absolutely right. Hundreds of dollars seem to just vanish from my pocket without me really realizing where it's going. Cigarettes to a certain degree as I have made a concerted effort to cut down and smoke the cheapest I can find. However the lottery addiction is another story altogether and I am quite ashamed that it still exists. I have been trying to stop playing those stupid scratch offs for months and it was never an issue before in my life until the last few months. It's really quite pathetic and I make no excuse or justification for it. However I do have a $90 a month cell phone bill, $60 a month car insurance bill and a $50 a month student loan bill. Not to mention the hundreds of dollars I've lost in the past six months to overdraft fees because my math sucks and I misjudge what I have in my account week to week.

I believe that if I tightened up my finances and moved closer to my job the amount of money I spend in gas alone would contribute towards rent. Never again playing another lottery ticket alone would add a few hundred dollars a month to my available money without question. Right there is the issue and again, I cannot justify or excuse it.
    And you think women wont get into a relationship with you because they are snobby, elitist, gold diggers?

One is not related to the other. I specifically stated this lottery issue was never an issue before in my life until very recently.

Are you willing to do something about those things?

Oh yes, absolutely. I feel endlessly ashamed at blowing my money on frivolous crap, especially lotto tickets and I firmly believe it is this thing alone that has made it impossible for me to move out the last few months. Of course, prior to me acquiring this addiction the majority of my money went into my relationship with my ex-wife; taking her to dinner, to movies, saving for the wedding that SHE desperately wanted. I hate myself for wasting my money on this sh*t. But that doesn't change my beliefs on how women in America think, act and have been taught to have their cake and eat it too.

Oh yes, absolutely. I feel endlessly ashamed at blowing my money on frivolous crap, especially lotto tickets and I firmly believe it is this thing alone that has made it impossible for me to move out the last few months. Of course, prior to me acquiring this addiction the majority of my money went into my relationship with my ex-wife; taking her to dinner, to movies, saving for the wedding that SHE desperately wanted. I hate myself for wasting my money on this sh*t. But that doesn't change my beliefs on how women in America think, act and have been taught to have their cake and eat it too.
    the women you describe are the ones who use guys like you but that shit would never fly with successful guys who are experienced with women

But that doesn't change my beliefs on how women in America think, act and have been taught to have their cake and eat it too.
    You make it really hard for me to try to help you out when you say stupid shit like this. Let it go, already.

Here: [url=http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/]Gamblers Anonymous Official Home Page[/url]

Also, [url=http://quicken.intuit.com/personal-finance-software/mint-online-money-management.jsp]Mint From the Makers of Quicken - The Best Free Way to Manage Your Money Online[/url] It's free software that will allow you to budget and manage your bank account.

Do something to help yourself. Right now. Go do it.

Thank you, Merry.

Let us know how it goes. : )

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am sorry, but do you actually think that there's something wrong with taking a girl out to the movies or dinner?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Oh no no, I love spending my money on women. But on women who appreciate it. On women who can approach a relationship rationally and not base the very essence of their love on the amount of money I can provide without any regard to my character, my morals or my values. And that's what too many women in America do. The love they give is contingent on the man's money and the man's ability to provide for her but not on how he treats her. And this is increasingly the case as the woman's physical beauty goes up. And as her beauty decreases her plan of attack shifts towards a more rational ideal, them "settling" on men who are either ugly or broke but possess good character while their more attractive counterparts continue to be picky, elitist and otherwise snobbish.

It is understandable why this happened. Women's rights movements over the last century and the movement of women into the work place as independent, self-sufficient entities within society present them with the right to have standards. My argument is that the standards which American women have developed are wrong and skewed in a direction that they should never have gone. It's ok to have standards for oneself. It's another thing altogether to be socially allowed to think yourself a paragon of excellence and never be corrected by the men in your life because most of them (save for direct family members) want to f*ck you and therefore let you say, do and think whatever you want. And because you're never corrected, you never realize how wrong it is.
    Last edited by ChristianonLI; 10-10-10 at 07:09 AM.

Have you done anything to improve your situation today, or are you too busy complaining about how unfair it is that women won't **** you?

Yes, I'm working hard at a job that doesn't pay well right now but has the potential to afford me a relatively comfortable existence in the future so long as I continue to work hard. Yea, there are things I could have done in the past or do right now to accelerate that process but it would be at the expense of my own personal comfort. Other than that, I shouldn't HAVE to do anything except be a good person. That means holding the door for a stranger, letting a slow driver onto the highway during a merge, never lying, cheating, stealing or being otherwise dishonest. And that means treating right the woman I am with. Providing her what I can within the means of my financial status, respecting her opinions, not abusing her physically, verbally or emotionally. I am saying THAT is all a woman should want out of a man. To be treated with respect and to have that man do "what he can" to make her happy and be thankful for it.

But too many women aren't thankful for it. They bleed men dry. They expect and demand too much. And they pass up good, honest and genuine men like me for others who only have more money. And the more beautiful a woman is, the more likely she is to pass me up for a man with more money. And the more ugly a woman is, the more likely she is to understand her limited options and settle on me. How many times do I have to spell it out?

How many times do I have to spell it out?
    I don't know, I don't really understand why you keep bringing that up. You life sucks for reasons other than women. Why don't you focus on treating your addiction and getting your financials in order instead of sitting on your ass fuming about how terrible women are.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast