+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Torn between two men

Torn between two men

Please don't judge when you read this thread.

I am a single mother of a 3 yr old little girl. I have been dating "guy A" for almost 2 years. He loves my daughter and they get along great. Unfortunately, my relationship with "guy A" has always been rocky since day one. During our rocky periods I met "guy B" who is divorced with a 7 yr old daughter, whom very much into me and wants to pursue a future with me. I care for "guy B" and have been honest with him since day one about my situation with "guy A". "guy B" and I remain friends when "guy A" and I tried to work out our differences.

A few weeks ago "guy A" asked me to move in, which I accepted and we have been moving my belongings into his space. Unfortunately, my mind is still wondering about "guy B" who has not known that I had made the huge change of moving in with "guy A". I tried to cut all ties, including friendship with "guy B" but it doesn't seem like he is willing to let me go without a fight. I am wondering if I made a wrong mistake by moving in with "guy A".

A little about each guy:

Guy A:

Has a very short temper fuse, easily adgitated and when we head-bud each other...it's always a spat. We even threat to break up and go our seperate ways. When things are good...the relationship is very affectionate and loving. When it's bad, there is a lot of screaming and yelling, but not in front of my daughter. When she is around, he seems to be calmer and much happier.

Guy B:

A great dad...calm, reasonable, who adores me and my daughter. He was a bit unsure if he wanted to pursue something with me long term at the beginning, but now he is definate that I am the one he wants to spend all of his time and pursue a future with me. He cares a lot for me. We hardly fight, (maybe bc we dont spend a lot of time together) when we did argue, he doesn't scream or lash out on me. He seems a lot calmer and more reasonable than Guy A.

I had moved in with "GUY A" because I love him...but there are nights that I wonder if I am doing the right thing. We have had our first fight living together a few days ago. But we've had many fights during our 2 yr relationship and sometimes I doubt that if we would last long term.....

Please help me...I am so confused and I don't know what to do.

He hasn't lost it in front of your daughter because you weren't living together. Pretty soon, he will.

I understand that passion is important, but with a little child, you have to consider how destructive a volatile temper can be. Please understand that anything he does and says to you affects her emotionally, so even if he doesn't scream and yell at her, it will feel like it if he's screaming at her mommy.

You shouldn't have moved in with someone with a "short fuse". He will be kicking your ass within a year- just you watch.
    Spammer Spanker