+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is my friend interested in me?

Is my friend interested in me?

OK I used to go to school with this girl, we werent friends or really knew each other, but fast foward a few years and we ended up working together. We have very quickly become friends, we call each other and hang out alot. So last night she brings me with her as she runs some errands and we go back to her place and watch movies, her roomates are there for a few but all end up leaving. So were just hanging in her room watching movies, I'm sitting on the floor, shes on her bed, and she kepts saying stuff like "i don't have cooties, you can come up on the bed, etc" I didnt really want to because we had been outside in the heat and I knew I probably didnt smell the greatest, but after I cooled off I did get up on the bed, after a little while she starts texting someone and starts looking like she's waiting for me to do something.

I have been noticing a little sexual tension between us, like I have this hilarious sense of humor that girls seem to love, so shes always playfully hitting me, and a few days ago she was a little drunk and kept making little comments about me and her having sex, and yesturday I made this crack about her checking out my ass and she said something like "you want me to check out your ass"? I hadn't really found myself attracted to her before but now I am, but I have this nasty habit of misinterpreting things and ruining my friendships with girls, so I want to avoid that at all cost. Any comments/advice

Tone Guest
    Is this the same girl in your other posts?

Why make a new thread about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Is this the same girl in your other posts?

Why make a new thread about it?
    Because its a different girl, I'm over my neighbor

If I didn't like a guy (in THAT way) I damn sure wouldn't be inviting him into my room to watch TV and asking him to come sit closer...

Oh yah. I'd say she likes you.

What happened with the neighbour? I guess it doesn't matter.

Anyhow, i don't think you have the nasty habit of misinterpreting things, I mean....from the way the neighbour girl was behaving towards you I'd have thought for sure she liked you. But then i guess so much for that, maybe I was wrong. (who knows, maybe you got turned off her in the end).

Back to the current girl.... Comments about you and her having sex??????? Hmmm....seems to me ......that is about.....sex.....

But this one for sure sounds interested, at least in a little smoochy smoochy.

Yeah I got sick of that girl's sh*t. She lead me on alot, and apparently has a ton of disorders (bipolar/manic/social anxiety) all sorts of things and I guess she gets really clingy, then gets bored. shes been going out with this one guy for like a week now and there all over each other all the time, its really dumb, they just celebrated their one week anniversery, and she seemed to make a big deal about telling me all about it. Luckily I've had enough experience with this that I really don't care. But I'm not sure about my friend either, I mean we talk about our individual relationships alot, shes been through some bullshit lately, as have I, so I'm not really sure where thats heading, but I'm not looking to rush into anything anyway...just looking for someone who isn't insanly clingy, that wont totally ignore me either.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah if shes inviting you to sit next to her and making alot of sexual innuedos....more then likely she likes you. I know I would not go and do all of that if I didn't like a guy. So.....now u need to make a move....

I've been in this situation and I know two things you can try to make the next move...in a subtle way....

Try tickling her and see her reaction.... (I had a guy do this to me and we ended up in a tickling match and eventually we were wrestling on his bed....and well he ended up pinning me down and holding me in his arms and thats how our first kiss happened.)

You can offer to massage her back. ( This one worked on me as well.....it made me think the guy was sweet and it was really relaxing.)( She may even offer to do the same for you!)

I'm still not sure, like she was talking about going on a date with some guy and mentioned she had a date with him on monday, and a date with someone else on wednesday, so she's like, "wanna be my tuesday date?" in a jokingly manner, but later she says something like "don't forget about tuesday" so I think she may have been serious.

And now the girl next door is starting to hang around me again, apparently this guy she with is a bit of a flirt with other girls so shes a little upset with him and is avoiding him. This always happens to me, theres never just one chick that starts paying attention to me, its always atleast 2 or no one at all.

Tone Guest
    LoL what do you expect? This is the 2000's. You're not making any moves on her so of course she's going to be open to dating someone who actually does show interest in her. For all she knows you're just toying with her or playin around. I don't know how much more clear she has to make it to you that she's interested.

You gotta stop with these games you play. Just like the other girl, you don't make the move and just sit around playin footsie. Be the man, make the move.

I'm playing games?! Simply because I don't want to ruin a great friendship by misinterpreting details? I have had situations like this happen before, and they always end horribly because I make an assumption, I act on it, and I ruin a friendship.

Sure everything here can be a sign, but from my experience, in this day and age, these things she doesnt may not mean anything at all.

Tone Guest
    K well then what do you want out of this? You ask if your friend is interested - almost everyone here said "YES" so go for it! :)

If by some freakish accident you either left out details or exaggerrated and we're wrong - don't blame us! :P

But really I don't think your friendship would be ruined... she is giving off a lot of signs that she's interested so instead of rushing in - just take things slow. Like ask her if she wants to hang out sometime with just the 2 of you... like call her up and say "Hey I was gonna go grab a bite to eat, just thought maybe if you're interested you can come along with" Somethin like that - can be anything just don't overplay it and make it sound like a great big deal. Cause if she IS interested, it WILL be a big deal to her, she'll be excited. If she's NOT - it won't seem like that big a deal to just go get somethin to eat with a friend.

Slowly move towards seeing each other alone and just see how it goes, is what I would say.