+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obsessive Love Disorder

Obsessive Love Disorder

Hi all, thanks for reading this.
    (I'm new here)

Well, the title tells everything...I think I have Obsessive love disoreder..
    The reason why I'm posting this here is becasue I want someone to listen to me. I don't want any solutions. sigh..I sound so immature..
    anyway, here goes my story:
    I'm 28, crazy Japanese girl. I broke up with my boyfriend almost 4months ago who meant a lot to me. We were talking about marriage, kids, house, and stuff. But it was a long distant relationship plus he was younger than me by 6years and free-spirited so things didn't go well. I loved him so much that I let him go as I reckoned it was the best I could do to respect him.
    Anyway, I was Hurt! I cried! But 2 hours after we broke up,I was already heading to a club! Yeh, and I met a guy and slept with him. I was drunk that night but I don't feel bad about the one night stand.(it helped me forget about my ex for several hours)
    And two weeks after, I've already made a new boyfriend. He asked me to become his girlfriend. I like him and we are officially going out but I'm already looking for another boyfrined. Becasue we are both losing interests in each other. (I'm going to break us up soon) This is just an example.
    I'm ashamed to say but I've done the same thing over and over. (except with the younger boyfriend. we were together for 2 years..sigh) I've normally had two boyriends at the same time and if I lost interest in a guy, I simply ended it and cut off contacts.

I don't feel ashamed of the fact that I'm not subjected to "morality" and I love my life. I've always learnt a lot from boyfriends.
    Yes, I know that I have low self esteem but yet I am happy who I am. mmmm
    Anyway, thanks for reading my story!!!!!!

Your disorder has nothing to do with love.
    Spammer Spanker

"I'm ashamed to say but I've done the same thing over and over." & "I don't feel ashamed of the fact that I'm not subjected to "morality""

that basically sums up ur post, confusing and contradictory :p

so ur still looking for the right guy? good for u, maybe u have a strange way of looking but if it works for u then u dont need us to tell u to stop...

Quote Originally Posted by berry View Post
    I've normally had two boyriends at the same time
    As long as you tell them both that this is the situation and they accept it then it should be fine.

It's only when you start lying and covering up the facts is when you start doing some serious damage. Mainly to yourself.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    omoshiroiso ne?? anata wa hajime nihon poster.

anyways, getting back to your problem. i don't believe that such an illness exists. it's just as excuse that you are using because you can't stop thinking about your ex bf.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think the diagnosis is more likely to be "lack of impulse control".
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Lack of impulse control... not meaning that control cannot be regained...

Perhaps a little self-discipline would help?
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

You guys are genious! Thanks for the replies :p
    I guess I wanted to be diagnosed with some sort of disorder so that I may know the cause of my behaviour. But I guess there's not such thing as "Obsessive Love Disorder" I googled the word but I couldn't find any scientific articles about it.
    But I feel lighter now, thanks to all of you guys! I wanted some attentions ><

Quote Originally Posted by berry View Post
    You guys are genious! Thanks for the replies :p
    I guess I wanted to be diagnosed with some sort of disorder so that I may know the cause of my behaviour. But I guess there's not such thing as "Obsessive Love Disorder" I googled the word but I couldn't find any scientific articles about it.
    But I feel lighter now, thanks to all of you guys! I wanted some attentions ><

That's why you wanted to be diagnosed with some sort of disorder. That's why you leapfrog from one guy to the next.

You crave the attention with no real regard to the consequences. I would seriously suggest learning some self-discipline... it's the only way to slow yourself down enough so you can think and be able to find what truly makes you happy.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

to be honest ..... ur lyk that girl with the boyfriend hu gets really drunk and has no inhibitions and sleeps with you, only your not drunk. thats the natural you .. youre a player.

I spent 18 months being obsessed with someone. It consumed my every thought, every minute of the day. I loved him, hated him, loved him, hated him. My behaviour was very unattractive indeed. I spent some time in therapy and also went to SLAA (Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous). I have written a small book that may help people in the same situation. It is called When Love Has Gone - Coping with Obsession and can be found at whenlovehasgone.com Hopefully it could help you out in some way. Take care, Paul

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    warui onnanoko
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Smells like spam...

Wish there were some eggs too...

- James Allen

mit der liebe besessen sein? quatsch. mit deinem schmollmund, vielleicht hast du deine selbstachtung weggegeben.

Quote Originally Posted by Gottfried View Post
    "Look at me, I speak German!"

So do I, dickweed, but you don't need to publicly advertise it in the hopes someone online respects you a little more.
    May not have gotten him respect.. but it definitely got him attention...

- James Allen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast