+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheating and I Don't Feel Guilty

Cheating and I Don't Feel Guilty

My husband is an abuser, and I have been in love with another man for 2 years. My husband is lazy, abusive, and sneaks behind my back. The man I've been talking to for 2 years is a Marine Drill Instructor; Staff Sergeant. He treats me as a real man should.

We have not had sex yet, not any other physical contact. It's a purely emotional relationship at this point.

Thing is, I am so tired of being beaten down by my husband, that I have had to resort to divorce proceedings behind his back to avoid the abuse I received last time I left him in 2012 for the same reasons. (I was manipulated horribly into getting back together with him--from him, his entire family, and friends of his) after he'd lied about me to all of them.

Here's the thing: I'm Catholic. My husband is Catholic. We were married in the Catholic church.
    I know I should feel guilty, but I just simply do not. I have learned to expect more out of people in my life now that I am in a healthier place mentally after 2 years of intense trauma therapy for PTSD. I expect a better life, and so I'm making one.

And I feel zero guilt. To me, my husband deserves to be sneaked around. I've never lied to him before, nor been with another man. I've never cheated on any other man before, either. But you know what? At age 30, I am tired of being miserable. It's time for me to find true happiness, someone who treats me as I deserve, and to live life. I feel no guilt whatsoever.

Thoughts? (This oughta be good haha)

Quote Originally Posted by Given Up View Post
    My husband is an abuser, and I have been in love with another man for 2 years. My husband is lazy, abusive, and sneaks behind my back. The man I've been talking to for 2 years is a Marine Drill Instructor; Staff Sergeant. He treats me as a real man should.

We have not had sex yet, not any other physical contact. It's a purely emotional relationship at this point.

Thing is, I am so tired of being beaten down by my husband, that I have had to resort to divorce proceedings behind his back to avoid the abuse I received last time I left him in 2012 for the same reasons. (I was manipulated horribly into getting back together with him--from him, his entire family, and friends of his) after he'd lied about me to all of them.

Here's the thing: I'm Catholic. My husband is Catholic. We were married in the Catholic church.
    I know I should feel guilty, but I just simply do not. I have learned to expect more out of people in my life now that I am in a healthier place mentally after 2 years of intense trauma therapy for PTSD. I expect a better life, and so I'm making one.

And I feel zero guilt. To me, my husband deserves to be sneaked around. I've never lied to him before, nor been with another man. I've never cheated on any other man before, either. But you know what? At age 30, I am tired of being miserable. It's time for me to find true happiness, someone who treats me as I deserve, and to live life. I feel no guilt whatsoever.

tell it to your priest.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Catholic or not if you aren't happy in a relationship and you have done your best, it's time to go. If you feel that he couldn't accept you divorcing him, look for support among friends, family and or specialized centres.

It would be good for you to have the strength to finish the relationship, give yourself some time on your own before you begin another relationship though.

God helps those who help themselves.

Wait till your divorce is finalized, don't jump into the relationship right away and give yourself time to heal, then when you are ready, if you think he is right for you, move on. But you need to get out of the relationship ASAP before you get hurt pretty badly.

Does he physically abuse you? If he does, you have to file a police report when he does it and get a restraining order against him. I don't think you even need an attorney to do that.

Hope this helps.

Cheating and I Don't Feel Guilty
    Pride goeth before a fall.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I absolve you of your sin. Three Our Fathers and a Hail Mary. Now get the **** out of here.

Good luck with new life then.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

What yee put forth shall return to you two-fold

Yes. I think the best revenge isn't cheating while together with ur husband. But waiting until after you're fully divorced. Then you can put everything bad behind and be happy. That's the best revenge!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Get a divorce and move on.
    Why cheat?

This new man may not be as perfect as you think he is. Finding comfort in someone else out of desperation, lonlieness, insecurity etc is nothing new but it rarely works. You need to find strenght, happiness and courage in YOU first before you rush head first into something for all the wrong reasons. Fear of being alone is not a good reason to find somebody. You should be emotionally healthy with no baggage if you want a new relationship to work. Houses built on rocky foundations collapse..
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I'd talk this over with your god. I've heard that the big sky fairy has all the answers and can be a nice guy. Well, apart from when he let the holocaust happen in WW2 and that Tusanimi that killed a quarter of a million. But he probably just took his eye off the ball for a minute. Or out playing golf or something. Anyway, I'm sure your god will help.

I know I should feel guilty, but I just simply do not.
    You are an awful Catholic.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    God helps those who help themselves.
    You are an excellent Republican.

Thanks everyone for their advice, thoughts, and sometimes sarcasm and humor on this thread. I knew I'd get mixed reactions, but nevertheless, I respect everyone's opinions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast