+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too much pressure

Too much pressure

Hey peeps. I'm 15 years old and this is my first college year.

I'm one of those guys that doesn't want to go out with a girl he doesn't fancy (at the least). I have 3 girls trying to get me (that I'm aware of, at least) but I don't want them.

All my friends are starting to get girlfriends and it's a bit sad because they don't like them... except two guys, those were lucky and I am jealous of them, I'm not afraid of admiting, I wish I was that lucky.

I just can't support this pressure anymore. They are always saying why don't you pick that one, blah blah blah, you can do it... They just don't understand I don't want a girl like that... - I must be weird.

My best friend is dating a girl and he's after another one... If he wasn't such a trustworthy person for me and such a good friend, I wouldn't be his bestfriend anyways... He spents all the time with me, kisses her once a day just so he can feel ok with himself...

I've talked to him but he just says he doesn't care and that I should get one too...

I am being stupid, right?

No, you are being particular. It's not that you're against girlfriends, just against wasting your time and someone else's. I believe that's called character.
    Spammer Spanker

dude,keep up the good work,just ignore the people who are pressuring you,this happened to me before,if you want a serious relationship,dont waste time on someone you do not like,you will end up regretting it when you finally meet the one you like,but there's nothing wrong with being friends with them.
    "In 96 hours, Jack Bauer has killed 93 terrorists and saved the world 4 times. What the **** have you done with your life?"

Perfectly normal! It only becomes a problem when you become one of those guys after an ideal woman that doesn't exist and you start rejecting women at first sight because their hair is a millimeter too long. Be choosy but not fastidious and demanding. Take your time...

Quote Originally Posted by okapa View Post
    I am being stupid, right?
    There's nothing wrong with going out on dates. How will you know if they are not right for you if you don't date them? You don't need to be in a realtionship with them, just try em out and see if you're a match. If not then, there's no harm in letting go.

It's good experience.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Don't waste your time if you don't like them.

What's the point?

I mean, If you like a girl, would you like her to pick you when she doesn't even care about you?, Then I will be reading your posts on the broken hearts forum.

"treat others as you would like to be treated"
    "You attract people by the qualities you display. You keep them by the qualities you possess"

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    There's nothing wrong with going out on dates. How will you know if they are not right for you if you don't date them? You don't need to be in a realtionship with them, just try em out and see if you're a match. If not then, there's no harm in letting go.

It's good experience.
    If you think you could have fun with them, I don't mean sex, or wanting to get married, just going out and having a good time as friends, there is nothing wrong with going out with one or all of them as long as they are well aware that for you it's just for fun and you are not looking to be serious with them AT ALL.It's good to go out with people, like Mishanya said it's good experience.But if you don't think you can have fun with them, or you just don't want anything to do with them, it's not bad at all!!There is nothing wrong with having standards and sticking by them, no sense in wasting your time and hurting someone else's feelings!

15 and 1st college year???

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    15 and 1st college year???
    Ya, I was wondering If I read that read myself, guess since he's only 15 and probably
    going to college, avoid settling down and just focus on your school work for the first couple of years.

It's cool if you don't want to get with someone. I have respect for people like you. Half the people I know from RL would just go out with a girl, or not even go out with her just to get her tongue in their mouth.

I don't get some girls, I met this girl at the new years eve party and we started talking to each other for a lot of time, we grew familiar like if we had known each other for some time. I didn't kiss her because I didn't feel I was ready yet but we slept in the same bed (for one person) and our lips met sometimes (no real kiss) and I got her number.

I wait until day 2 (I thought it was too early to call the same day) and she doesn't answer my text messages... Today I confirmed her cell number and it's correct... I just don't get it, it makes no sense. Not that I was really into her but it could lead to something...

Anyways, thanks for the support guys and have a great 2008 : )

You should have kissed her. It was NYE, after all.
    Spammer Spanker

I just found out she has a crunch on some guy...

It doesn't hurt me or anything because I didn't like her like that but it's a bit weird for people to act like that... without alcohol...

Whatever.

15 and you slept with her? and your afraid to kiss her?

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Quote Originally Posted by kromat View Post
    15 and you slept with her? and your afraid to kiss her?
    I think he means just sharing the bed to sleep in, not having sex, maybe I'm wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast