+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I don't understand need help

I don't understand need help

Hi,

So me and my girlfriend have been living together now for about a year.

We were both pretty happy up until about a month ago when she started going out more and more.

Then last weekend she stayed at her grandmas the whole weekend and last night at her friends place.

We don't really do that much together anymore. I think for the last two weeks we haven't been out together at all.

Also sex has now become almost non existent

When I asked if there were any issues she said the relationship is fine and shes happy where it is. She said she is having her own issues and wants to spend time with friend to deal with them. She also said she feels very lost at the moment.

I don't understand. Why is she pushing me away?

I don't really see a problem with her spending a weekend at her grandmother's and one night at a friend's house. You both should have time away from each other occasionally. I'm not sure that it's necessarily a huge red flag. Maybe she's just bored.

But I suppose it's possible that she's considering breaking up with you. There's not much you can do about it, though. You've asked if there was anything wrong, she said there wasn't, so relax for a bit and give her space. Being clingy or demanding of her time will just make it worse. Keep being a good boyfriend, and if she ends it, then she ends it. It will suck, but every relationship ends.

And why haven't you been out together for two weeks? Does she turn you down when you ask her to spend time with you? Or have you not even asked? Arrange a date night or something. Try to make lots of opportunities to do something fun and spend quality time together. And try to find out what she meant by "her own issues" in a non-pushy way. It would be nice if she could let you in on problems she's having, or whatever it is.

Cool all sounds good. Shes usually out 3 nights a week 2 nights clubbing then one for dinner.

Relaxing seems like the best option.

Tried to organise a date night for us but she has exams so says she can't then just said to give her a break so seems like the only option really is to give her space for now