+ Follow This Topic

Thread: dumb question, but what the hell

dumb question, but what the hell

ok, a few months back my bf and I broke up. we now live 3 hrs. away from each other and he comes up to see me about every two weeks or so. He says that he still wants to get back together but he has a few things that he needs to sraighten out in his life first. my friends all think he is playing some serious head games with me and just keeping me on the side until something better comes along. A few of my friends think he already has a girlfreind and he is just using me. If this was true why in the hell would he drive so far to see me then, if he didn't care about me.

Tone Guest
    Cause he is playing some serious head games with you and just keeping you on the side until something better comes along.

Dinner date with tip: $175.00 US
    Rocky Horror Midnight Cinema and popcorn: $24.50
    Appertifs: $45.00
    Dance and drinks at after-hours club(s): $120.00
    STILL not getting laid at the end of the night: Priceless

The cost of driving three hours seems to me a small price to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    Dinner date with tip: $175.00 US
    Rocky Horror Midnight Cinema and popcorn: $24.50
    Appertifs: $45.00
    Dance and drinks at after-hours club(s): $120.00
    STILL not getting laid at the end of the night: Priceless

The cost of driving three hours seems to me a small price to pay.
    perfect summary! You'll notice that if he does hook up with any girl soon, he won't even mention you to anyone.

Wow - whaywardj is a big spender! Either that, or I am a cheap date...

Hmm. Now that you mention it, shh!, maybe I should gain a little more perspective on the dating scene. I might've gotten off a lot cheaper than I have been lately.

:::omigod! am i being THAT desperate?...is there an underground network out there?..."incoming; easy money; three o'clock"...:::

Yeah, we women can spot you suckers a mile away!
    hahahaha

Well, whatever is working for you. I guess some women DO require this sort of financial investment on a date, although I am sad to say it.

Actually, I'm not all that gullible and I don't date all that much. But you do bring up an interesting point, shh!. I HAVE been on first dates where I've had the annoying feeling that every move I made was being carefuilly weighed and measured for its financial acumen. What the hell is that?! If a woman's looking for a Sugar Daddy, I'd think she'd want to be little more subtle or a lot less transparent about it, and kinda reel the fish in slowly. NOT feel the leather on his car seats repeatedly, crane her neck to see what kind of tips he leaves...or (THIS was a winner!) go to the head of the line at a club and stand right in the doorman's face, and wait, as if -- at any moment -- the guy (me!) is gonna come up and slip a fifty in his hand so they can get in ahead of everybody else. Weird shit.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Whaywardj, the ones who are looking for a sugar daddy are also easy to spot, because they ARE that obvious. I had a girlfriend (golddigger) who once told me that her engagement ring better be worth more than her fiance's car because otherwise he'd be implying his car meant more to him than her. WTF? There are too many chicks like that here where I live.....they make me ill.

But to reply to the original post......I agree with everyone's points here. Don't waste your time worrying about your relationship with him....move on while he 'sorts his life out'. If and when he ever does, and the two of you are available an interested in pursuing a relationship, do it. But don't sit around and wait for him.

You must break up with him fast, and never talk to him again.. what will your future husband think, when he discovers this?! And he is messing with you head, yes... That is very certain. Keep away from him, before it is too late. One who really loves you, des not need "time to think" and "time to straighten out" anything... he just makes you the purpose of his life. Nothing else should matter. Go away from him, fast... or it will be pain in future, trust me.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatum
    You must break up with him fast, and never talk to him again.. what will your future husband think, when he discovers this?! And he is messing with you head, yes... That is very certain. Keep away from him, before it is too late. One who really loves you, des not need "time to think" and "time to straighten out" anything... he just makes you the purpose of his life. Nothing else should matter. Go away from him, fast... or it will be pain in future, trust me.
    Go away.

1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    Actually, I'm not all that gullible and I don't date all that much. But you do bring up an interesting point, shh!. I HAVE been on first dates where I've had the annoying feeling that every move I made was being carefuilly weighed and measured for its financial acumen. What the hell is that?! If a woman's looking for a Sugar Daddy, I'd think she'd want to be little more subtle or a lot less transparent about it, and kinda reel the fish in slowly. NOT feel the leather on his car seats repeatedly, crane her neck to see what kind of tips he leaves...or (THIS was a winner!) go to the head of the line at a club and stand right in the doorman's face, and wait, as if -- at any moment -- the guy (me!) is gonna come up and slip a fifty in his hand so they can get in ahead of everybody else. Weird shit.
    Well, actually I admit that I DO check to see how much of a tip is left, but only because if it is too little I would casually drop a few more bucks on the table when the man's not looking. (This is because I grew up poor and over-identify with the working class.) However, I wouldn't dream of cutting in on a line by slipping extra money. That would be embarrassing, rude, and too flashy for me. What can I say? I'd make a terrible socialite...

Quote Originally Posted by chelsee
    ok, a few months back my bf and I broke up. we now live 3 hrs. away from each other and he comes up to see me about every two weeks or so. He says that he still wants to get back together but he has a few things that he needs to sraighten out in his life first. my friends all think he is playing some serious head games with me and just keeping me on the side until something better comes along. A few of my friends think he already has a girlfreind and he is just using me. If this was true why in the hell would he drive so far to see me then, if he didn't care about me.
    never ask why because the reasons never make sense.
    the ****** is probably just as confused as you are about why.

so, move on with your life, and if he really wants you, let him prove it.
    "Ogres are like onions."