+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Don't get it!!!

Don't get it!!!

Don't get it... Why is it when you say something nice to a guy, he ignores you or doesn't comment at all.

I wanted to send a sweet message to this guy I've been getting to know for awhile

Me: Can you do me a favor?
    Him: Sure
    Me: Can you tell the super cute guy you work with, with the grin that I said hi and I hope he's having a good day at work and off the off chance nobody has told him this, he's special.

It was like I never sent it. He never responded and that was last night. I thought guys like it when girls were nice to them and tell them sweet things?

I realize that you were trying to be cute with that message, but it might have been too subtle for him and he thought that you were into some other guy. So he is probably feeling disappointed and offended right now. Texting is an inferior form of communication compared to face-to-face talking, especially when it comes to flirting and humor.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

You really should've thought twice about sending that, since it may seem to him as if you were using him to flirt with some other guy at the same work place, at least that's how I would've taken it. Now, unless he's the only guy working there, he might've taken the clue. But that made it sound 100% wrong from your original intentions.

If you want to set things straight, just go up to him and say that you're into him. Some guys are quite simple, and confusing them won't do much good.

Yet why would he think I was talking about someone he works with when I've never met anybody he works with. I've never set foot in is office nor have I met anyone he works with. He can't possibly think I was talking abou someone else.

Ume is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "The guy he works with" is by definition not him. How can you be sure that he knows you've never met anyone he works with? Even if he understood that you meant him, he might still be confused or turned off by the awkward wording which tbh makes you seem really shy at best.

WTF! Why not direct the comment to him? This just seems odd.

Can you tell the super cute guy you work with,
    That statement indicates it's not him. LMAO... get on the blower and tell him you just realized you made it sound like it was someone else when you were actually meaning him.

Next time, don't be so cutsy/vague. Many (most?) guys use logic and your missive has no logic to it whatsoever.

*P.S. Even if he did understand your text was meant to be about him, I'd imagine that if he wasn't as smitten with you as you appear to be with him, that kinda talk might spook him a little and so he's distancing himself. (You said you've just been getting to know him).
    Last edited by Wakeup; 03-06-11 at 07:46 AM. Reason: to add *
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    I realize that you were trying to be cute with that message, but it might have been too subtle for him and he thought that you were into some other guy. So he is probably feeling disappointed and offended right now. Texting is an inferior form of communication compared to face-to-face talking, especially when it comes to flirting and humor.
    Bingo, that's exactly what I was thinking.

My wife and I do this all the time to each other, but face-to-face. I'll say "Hey, I know this lady, she's the whole package... she's beautiful, fun, smart, super kind and sexy as all get out." and she says "Yeah?! Well, when I see her I'm gonna kick her ass!" and then I offer to get her a mirror.

But we KNOW we're doing that. I think it falls a bit flat over text.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    My wife and I do this all the time to each other, but face-to-face. I'll say "Hey, I know this lady, she's the whole package... she's beautiful, fun, smart, super kind and sexy as all get out." and she says "Yeah?! Well, when I see her I'm gonna kick her ass!" and then I offer to get her a mirror.

But we KNOW we're doing that. I think it falls a bit flat over text.

Top 5 rule of dating should be No Texting

My ex used to send me stuff like that and I got a huge kick out of it made me feel good. Some guys just don't catch on to things that are a little sutble with a dash of clever.