+ Follow This Topic

Thread: depression

lilwing89 Guest

depression

i went to my school counselor today and i told her all these things that bug me all the time and like how i am always sad and stuff and at the end of it she said that she thinks i might be suffering from depression. but she cant diagnose it unless we can talk more. so yup im going in some more.

so what do you think?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Talking is good. It is very hard to be a teenager, and it helps to have someone older and wiser you can talk to.

I don't think being depressed as a teen is at all unusual, so you don't have to be embarrassed, if that is what you are worried about.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'd talk to someone with more experience than a school counselor.

Quite honestly, everyone in this country is probably suffering some some sort of depression, it's just part of life. that is to say, what they call "depression" now is just labeling what "life" was a generation ago.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

lilwing89 Guest
    well i am always sad when nothing makes me sad and i dont trust anyone

You should be happy, you're not gay!
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

meh , been there done that , the depression part i mean , yea its a normal thing in life , everybody has it from time to time , but in some teen years they just come and go sometimes for small reasons .

lilwing89 Guest
    but there is still a reason..for you.

there is no reason or explaination for why i am constantly sad then constantly euphoric, and constantly changing between the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    You should be happy, you're not gay!
    LOL!

But yeah I agree with what everyone says in this topic. Doctors just seem to throw Anti- Depressants out like sweets these days, talking threapy is better IMO unless it's a chemical imbalence.

Depression only affect your health and loss of opportunities in life.

Found a very good article about personal development and one of the sections talk about "stop worrying". Worth reading.

[url]http://www.srikumar.com/personality-development/[/url]

A quick quote from the article:

If you want to avoid worry, do what Sir William Osler did: Live in "day-tight compartments." Don't stew about the futures. Just live each day until bedtime.

AND

"half the worry in the world is caused by people trying to make decisions before they have sufficient knowledge on which to base a decision."
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing89
    there is no reason or explaination for why i am constantly sad then constantly euphoric, and constantly changing between the 2.
    That's called bi-polar disorder, not depression. Although most people who are bi-polar do come off as very depressed, but usually just a little off their rocker. Definitely go see a licensed psychiatrist for that sort of thing. Otherwise that counselor is going to tell your parents to get you on prozac and ridalin as soon as he can. Oh, and since you're just sixteen, I hope this problem doesn't persist. Shit is a lot more stressful in college sometimes.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

The best thing you can do is continue talking to the counselor, or by starting to go see a therapist. Medication should be your last option, only if talking still does not help you.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Bi-polar? Could be, or could be just normal teenage angst. I vividly remember going through wild mood swings as a teen. Many people seem to feel things so passionately at that age, and life is full of first-experiences. First love, first heartbreak, school pressure, peer pressure, parental pressure, etc. Add to that the raging hormones pushing you to have sex along with societal disapproval of doing so.

It sucks to be a teen. I'd much rather be my age.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    Bi-polar? Could be, or could be just normal teenage angst. I vividly remember going through wild mood swings as a teen. Many people seem to feel things so passionately at that age, and life is full of first-experiences. First love, first heartbreak, school pressure, peer pressure, parental pressure, etc. Add to that the raging hormones pushing you to have sex along with societal disapproval of doing so.

It sucks to be a teen. I'd much rather be my age.
    Agreed. But I was just saying what I thought he described. Bi-polar seem more or less "crazy" than fitting any one emotion.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Quite honestly, everyone in this country is probably suffering some some sort of depression, it's just part of life. that is to say, what they call "depression" now is just labeling what "life" was a generation ago.
    I agree.

You're young, lilwing, your mind and body are developing and you're noticing changes in yourself (hell for awhile you even thought you were gay!)

So just hang in there, buddy. And don't feel bad, what you're going through is pretty normal, as has already been said.

I doubht you have bi- polar, you'd deffo know about it if you did. One of my close friends has it, didn't sleep for days doing crazy things and idea's, one minute totally hyper and then really really low.