+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love short-lived

Love short-lived

I am currently working on the East coast temporarily. I live in Seattle. I met this girl here about 2 months ago. I am 19 and she is 21. We started dating...then about a month ago we started kissing. Ever since then we've been really comfortable with each other. We see each other maybe 3-4 times a week. Nothing more serious than making out. I spent Thanksgiving with her and her family. She REALLY likes me and I REALLY like her. I think I love her. Problem is, I go home to Seattle in less than 2 weeks (and she knows this). We decided that we wanted "no regrets." So we've been seeing each other as much as possible. Already I feel the heartache. I was just wondering if anyone out there had any advice for me as to help with the pain of leaving her. Long story short...I can't stay here and she can't come with me. I realize that this whole thing should have been avoided in the first place(or should it have?). What can I do to ease the pain for both of us? Thanks.

Jay_Kel----"I realize that this whole thing should have been avoided in the first place(or should it have?). What can I do to ease the pain for both of us?"

Nahhh. Why avoid it? It would have happened anyway or you both would have regrets of what if? Since you've already reached this romance stage, just spend your last 10days together and be happy. At the airport, get her number/e-mail/whatever and promise to write.

Go back to Seattle and keep your promise. Keep in touch. Couple of e-mails every now and than. You have a friend. No strings attached. At another time, some other place, some other opportunity will arise. It's a "See you when I see you" type farewell scene at the airport. Don't make stupid promises of "I'll never meet anyone else like you blah blah", because you WILL meet other people and so will she! You both will carry on with your lives but that doesn't mean it's the end.
    Make promises you can keep ie. "See you around my friend!"

i had a thing like this once. i don't regret it. i'm glad it happened although i'll probably never see him again.